How I felt that day(instrumental)

Myx62

I havent been doing much with songs lately, so I just programmed a drum track and started playing over it. I just played how I felt, so thats why I call it "How I felt that day".
A few friends say it sounds like a Satriani type of song, but Im not of that caliber and didnt listen to much of his stuff anyway.
The song is all first takes. I didnt do much in the mixing department. I've been very down lately. Maybe you can hear that in the song. Give it a listen if ya like.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1929&alid=-1

Myx

Hi I listened to 2 last chance and this one. Nice job, I liked them both but this on is more my style. mixes sound good, could use something with the drums on this one. they are very centered not fat enough. nice playing btw

Bill

yeah, i'm not overly familiar with satriani, but it has that kind of vibe..........bring up the lead a little....it's being covered a bit with that flanging guitar..........cool ..........nice work

Groove: I agree the song needs some more changes.

Wfar: Thanks for pointing out the drums being centered to much. I really try to spread them out more.

Powder: I could take out the flange and see how it would sound. I agree the solo gtr is buried a bit. You might hear all the flaws though if I bring it out more?-LOL

Thanx guys for the listen.

Turn the lead up some and try taking that effect off the rym guitar or down some and add some upper mids ( 3-4db at 1.00khz) on the rym guitar. The song is cool :) very well played (esp. for the first take) this may be none of my bizz but, why was you down?

Girl trouble?:confused: ?

Sounds very nice. Considering this was just something you threw down this is quite good. I think there are some good ideas and good sounds going on here, but it does get a little tedious musically and sonically after awhile because it is all kind of the same all the way through. However, I think if this was produced with a nice arrangement, great drums & bass... it would be killer.

(P.S. that's a lot better than i can play so i'll just shut up now :D)

great guitar solos.. considering how this tune was done, it came out great.. If I didn't know the story, I would probably complain more.. (the drums and the effect on the rhythm)

"I played how I felt when I did this song. I just let the guitar do the speaking for me."

I do that , but it rarely ever has anything good to say..

hmm..... trippy how differently different listening sources can make something sound. Im listening on the computer speakers here at work, and on these the flanged rhythm sounds nice level-wise, ..but the solo sounds a bit hot. :confused:
Nice soloing myx, cool vibe jam..... nice listen for sure.
g

Hey man...I woke up today for like the 3rd day in a row with absolutely no hearing in my right ear. I don't mean "diminished," I mean there is NO audible sound making it to my brain from my right ear...so the mix sounds a bit left heavy to me, LOL. Seriously, I don't want you to think that I'm listening to this with critical mix ears, because they're just not here today, but I wanted to let you know that what I CAN hear sounds great to me. I'm not crazy about the effect the reverb is having on the drums (snare in particular), but it's a loop, right? Screw drums...it's all about the axe...and you play yours well. I LOVE a flange. I'm one of those freaks who just loves huge reverbs in general, and trippy phasing in particular. I wish I could get away with it more.

Nice freakin' chops, btw.

Zeke: Its wife troubles. When she goes manic, she costs a lot of money and is mean....Thanks for the listen.

Jag: This was just a plug in and play type thing. I think its a great start to a Steely Dan kinda tune? I have some ideas and want to get me some keys.

B. Sabbath: I cant even remember the effects I used-lol. Im not sure I had anything good to say either but I can interpet a little. (Bitch, get your shit together, cause Im wondering why the fuck I let you back into my life when things were going so well and now Im going broke and am depressed......:) Can you hear it now?-LOL.

Guernica: I do like the flange sound. I remember my first flanger, back when I was trying to be Eddie VH-lol. Stuff can sound so different from system to system. I suppose the key is to get it to sound good on more than just studio monitors.

Chris: This wasnt really a critical mix thing for me. It was more of a I havent done much, so Im going to be lazy and do a few stock programmes on my drum machine and just play what I feel like playing over it. Its a good start to a future song. Plus Im feeling like I can finally play again after a 7 year break....

Thanx guys for the listen

Cool jammie. Flanger should stay.

I hear some Joe in there. Just saw him a couple weeks ago and it reminded me of the show.

You could fatten up the bass and drums a bit.

Maybe that's why I haven't been writing much. No woman in my life (other than my cat) to tweak my head & heart.

Drums are midi, yeah, but since this is more of a jamming thing, I won't comment on the mix. The song has a few interesting chords and some detuned sounding chords :D but nevermind. This is a decent jam, and this could work as an outro or a solo section for a song. Nothing that hasn't been done already, I'm sure, but I wonder what is nowadays... You could build a decent song out of this. You're a good solo player, and a fast one too. Keep it up man.

M. Brane: I like that phase/flange sound. I think I used both. A friend said it sounded like satriani. I listened to Vai more and I guess Satriani was a teacher of his...Woman are a two edge sword. They screw your life up so much, you can write great songs, or they spend all yur cash so you cant buy more gear! Then ya dont feel like writing..... I envy you... Thanks for the listen.

Crankyone: The song was in Drop D. I agree I could build a song out of this. I might play with it and come up with some changes. I wish I had a real drummer. I need the motivation. Thanks for the listen.

Back