How Good Am I At Mixing

The Seifer

Banned

I tracked and mixed this in my bedroom

I'm not cool enough to have "clients" so I had to make up some riffage so I could have something to mix

Pretty scratchy and screechy-sounding, not to mention I heard some clipping in spots......

I'd say you still have a ways to go........

Nice Job!

Sounds like you got the room rockin.

I could hear everything well. Nicely EQed. Happening tune with a lot of energy. Instruments all pretty tight. Sounded like it could have been a soundtrack in a movie. Keep on trackin!

If at all possible, I would try to increase the depth in the stereo field and space things out a little, (of course it might have been fine, and it might be my cheesy computer speakers.)

Also remember that all of these posts are merely opinions about your work of art. Your tune is in the ballpark. When it gets down to the fine details of a song that has the basics in place, everyone has a preference.

Cheers! Ty

PS what kind of gear did you use to get this recording?

All I have is an amp modeler and a computer. I used Sonar 3 Producer and the plugins that come with it. Some dude at recordingproject.com told me to roll off the high end of the guitars, which I hadn't thought of. I thought the guitars should stay as trebly as they were recorded, so I left it. I did it, and it sounded a lot better; it got rid of this screechy fuzzy shit in the guitar part. I had the gain on the amp turned down to 2, so I don't know whats up with that.

OH and I have some Edirol MA-10D monitors. I aware that everyone says they're shitty, but they give a very flat response and are loud as hell.

Back