How crappy are my mixes

I can't comment too much on the mix, because I'm listening on computer speakers, but I like the song. One thing you might try is a short delay on the keys in the intro panned to one side. The vox seem a bit dry for my taste, too. Understand, though, I'm a delay junkie & not a pro-just my opinion. Also, the attack on the 1st note and the very end of the song seem like they're cut off-this may be my streaming software. There's a glitch or something about 1:33. Good song.

Last edited:
Not bad!

I agree with poplinger - the vocals are a bit dry. I think the vocals and drums need more presence.

Nice song though!

Wow, I want some people to rip on me too...if this is the result. I have a decent set of speakers on my computer. See above comments.

I like it

Re: Check this out

chingon said:
How crappy are my mixes?
Once, when I was about 7, my Dad was in rehab, and my sister and I didn't have any family to watch us, so we had to go into foster care for a little while...I remember there was this kid, probably about 14, that I shared a room with in this one house, and one day, he held me down and sat on my head while he farted. It was a horrible, horrible sound and a devastating experience.

This reminds me of that experience.

(I'm kidding, I haven't listened yet...just feeling a bit goofy...I'll be back)

THanks for the comments, I appreciate it. I'll try and make the vocals a little more wet and see how that goes. And I'll see what I can do about the presecne of the drums and vox.

chrisharris LMAO,
that was a pretty funny story. I thought you actually meant it and then I scrolled down to the end of your message and laughed even more.

Decent song.

Musical performances were all pretty good.

I thought the overal level of the mix was a bit soft. The vocals are just a little bit back in the mix. A nice reverb would be nice. The backing vocals are panned a little hard. Maybe bring them just a little closer to center - just a little.

The strings at 1:10 were a nice touch. They could be brought up. They're a bit tough to hear. I wonder if they could be brought in sooner.

Was that a vocal mistake at the end? If so, I assume it was intentionally left in.

Back