Thread: How crappy are my mixes

Thanks

Check this out

Sign in to disable this ad
    I trying to teach myself how to mix by screwing up my tracks and letting people listen to them and rip on me. Tell me what you think.
    Oh yeah the drummer sucks.

"Burnen red" is the track I mixed. Check out the other tune while your there.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=2657&alid=-1
    Last edited by chingon; 03-08-2003 at 16:39.

Thanks
    I can't comment too much on the mix, because I'm listening on computer speakers, but I like the song. One thing you might try is a short delay on the keys in the intro panned to one side. The vox seem a bit dry for my taste, too. Understand, though, I'm a delay junkie & not a pro-just my opinion. Also, the attack on the 1st note and the very end of the song seem like they're cut off-this may be my streaming software. There's a glitch or something about 1:33. Good song.
    Last edited by coplinger; 03-10-2003 at 08:37.

Thanks
    Not bad!

I agree with poplinger - the vocals are a bit dry. I think the vocals and drums need more presence.

Nice song though!
    The Cuervo Gold
    The fine Colombian
    Make tonight a wonderful thing...

Thanks
    Wow, I want some people to rip on me too...if this is the result. I have a decent set of speakers on my computer. See above comments.

I like it

Thanks

Re: Check this out

Originally posted by chingon
    How crappy are my mixes?
    Once, when I was about 7, my Dad was in rehab, and my sister and I didn't have any family to watch us, so we had to go into foster care for a little while...I remember there was this kid, probably about 14, that I shared a room with in this one house, and one day, he held me down and sat on my head while he farted. It was a horrible, horrible sound and a devastating experience.

This reminds me of that experience.

(I'm kidding, I haven't listened yet...just feeling a bit goofy...I'll be back)

Thanks
    THanks for the comments, I appreciate it. I'll try and make the vocals a little more wet and see how that goes. And I'll see what I can do about the presecne of the drums and vox.

chrisharris LMAO,
    that was a pretty funny story. I thought you actually meant it and then I scrolled down to the end of your message and laughed even more.

Thanks
    Decent song.

Musical performances were all pretty good.

I thought the overal level of the mix was a bit soft. The vocals are just a little bit back in the mix. A nice reverb would be nice. The backing vocals are panned a little hard. Maybe bring them just a little closer to center - just a little.

The strings at 1:10 were a nice touch. They could be brought up. They're a bit tough to hear. I wonder if they could be brought in sooner.

Was that a vocal mistake at the end? If so, I assume it was intentionally left in.

Thread Information