Thread: How can this improve?

Thanks

How can this improve?

Sign in to disable this ad
    First off - this is not in a final version whatsoever. Secondly - Im not particularly looking at comments that the drum track should be real drums, or even a different beat. Im trying to focus on the actual sounds of the guitars...I also am well aware that there are a couple botched notes...
    So, after you forgive me of my sins...please give a listen and inform me how I can make this sound better...rip me to shreds - Im used to it...as long as I can learn something - its worth it...

Thanks

http://www.scinx.com/Media/Scinx - FelttipJackson.mp3

Clowns to the left of me...Jokers to the right....Here I am....
    Thanks
    Cut the drum intro down.... It is too long man..
    add some bottom to your guits man...they seem stuck in the mids and some highs.........

Overall...sort of............sorry to say it but,.......too repetative.............

add a lead and some vox and it will be a way cool tune man...
    Rock on,
    Joe

Thanks
    Jor nailed it, more bottom and add some mids back to the guitars and they`ll come alive for you.
    I like that "felt tip jackson" I worked with a sax player onced named "cotton top morris" he had a fro that looked like it`d weigh 20 lbs.
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments...it was just something I put together on the fly, in a few hours...hence the repetitive drum track, the long intro (which had a bass guitar intro, and will have one at some point again)...I have the most trouble with mixing frequency-wise - so this track was almost made so I could work on that aspect...of course I think it will help a bunch when I get my monitors which I ordered the other day. Up until now I was using computer speakers and headphones...Anyways -

As far as adding back mid and lows - would you suggest this on both guitar parts? Or just onto the rhythm track. Additionally - if I added bass into this - would I still add mids and lows, or would that make things too muddy? At one point I had a bass track thrown in but everything seemed to be getting muddy...nothing stood out...

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks
    Toki? Joro? Anyone?

Thanks
    i`d go ahead and very gently add some lows to the guitars above 450. Try to keep the bulk of the bass hovering just below that, save a notch in the area around 110 for the kick to have some play area
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thanks
    Well, how did you record the guitars? You should include that in your original post. As for the guitars, they sound like they're coming from one of those tiny little 15 watt Fender Frontman amps, not necessarily a bad thing since small amps can sound pretty cool in the mix. The playing is pretty inconsistant and sloppy. It also sounds crammed in the middle, definately pan the tracks out.
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed]Listen to my songs at[/COLOR]:[/B]
    [url]http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/discography.php?aid=2076[/url]
    [B][/B]
    The purpose of a cable is to get stuck under everything in its path.

Clowns to the left of me...Jokers to the right....Here I am....
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Toki987
    i`d go ahead and very gently add some lows to the guitars above 450. Try to keep the bulk of the bass hovering just below that, save a notch in the area around 110 for the kick to have some play area
    Yes....what Toki says...

sorry for not checkin' back man....
    Joe

Thread Information