How can i make a good harmonic BASS, using a guitar track as source ?

underp

i have a guitar track only and i want to put like a bass track, but of course i don't have it.

i've tried EQ'ing the guitar leaving just the subwoofer, and then adding some sweeping phasers and echo chamber, followed by some reverb.

I get harmonics in some cases, But my speakers spit in some tones, and it sounds boomy in some specific tones.

How can i get "GOOD" bass tones without getting that boomy sounds ?

You might also like to run a pitch shifter down an octave. I've tried this with varying success. In some cases this produces latency (delay) and you have to "realign" the track by sliding it a few milliseconds earlier. But it may be something further to try.

VST Plugins can offer this functionality, as can cheap effects units (like the Lexicon MPX-500). A compressor may also help.

This is one of those instances where you will spend countless hours of frustration trying to complete mission impossible and end up sounding like crap, when you could take five minutes with a bass guitar (borrow one from somebody) and do it right.

Beg, borrow or steal a bass for five minutes.

Beats all this razzmatazz that will end up sucking in the end anyways. I mean, why not spend that time making your guitar sound like a Ludwig drum kit while you're at it? About as productive. :)

This section is the "MP3 Mixing Clinic". mmm... what that means ?. well... that maybe i'm not exactly a musician.

I'm you know, one of those guys at home trying to re-master some crappy demos for some friends.

Anyway..... i just asked because i have a guitar track from a song that maybe the musician will never play again, and i want to make it sound a little more good, and preserve it in good conditions.

p.d: (my english suc#s) =P

thanks.

Back