How about some Classical Gas?

MarkB

well i know this isnt tocatta in dm -=/ but ill get to that! first i want to try what Massive Master suggested by adding a reverb, also moving away from the mics a bit, what do you guys think about this recording.

it's title is Classical Gas (Classical Gas.mp3)

ftp://1:1@24.243.77.217

MarkB- i checked out your other file as well as this one. The reverb seems to add some warmth, it may still be a little boomy in the low mids? Are you doing any type of eq? what mic are you using? just curious.
I really like this style of guitar. Im more of a metal player but it sort of goes hand and hand since alot of metal derives from the classical stuff. I just wanted to say, nice job playing wise as well.

hey there wireneck, thanks for the compliments, the gear i use is this:

Rode NT-5 matched pair mics (2)
running directly to
M-Audio Mobile Pre USB

I do "play" around w/ the eq, i use the word play becuase honestly i dont know what im doing, i just try to get rid of any negative noise and get a good tone, on my computer sound system (creative 5.1 sourround sound) it sounds fine, on my brothers care stereo, it sounds horrible... any suggestions on this?

thanks again
-Mark

"on my computer sound system (creative 5.1 sourround sound) it sounds fine, on my brothers care stereo, it sounds horrible"

Markb- I have found that this is pretty much how mixing goes. Your best bet is to get a set of descent studio monitors and listen to them "ALOT". Learn how different mixes sound on them and then see how they translate to other systems. Once you really understand how your monitors sound, getting a mix that translates well on all systems will become easier. Mixing is a trial and error process for me most of the time. I always waste a couple of disc trying out different mixes on different systems before I decide on a final mix. Hanging out here in the mixing clinic and reading/listening/commenting can't hurt either.

Hope this helps

I always waste a couple of disc trying out different mixes on different systems before I decide on a final mix. Hanging out here in the mixing clinic and reading/listening/commenting can't hurt either.

I couldn't agree more. I don't know as if I'd call it waste, :D
but I've gone through a lot of CDs just to see what the song sounds like in my truck (the ultimate test as this is when I usually enjoy listening the most). I am using the Roland MA8s for monitoring ($89 -- I'm on a limited budget -- aren't we all?) and I like them a lot. At least they're a hell of a lot better than headphones and the PC speakers.

As for hanging out here, it's really taught me a lot. Now if I could just transfer that to my mixes! :D

The playing is very nice. I'd like to hear more. It sounds as if you have a lot to offer. Keep that recorder rolling!

G

Very well played! My ears, however, are hearing that you have a higher string out of tune on your guitar, a little flat, and it is just killing me. Excellent execution on the playing though, very clean! Get it tuned up right and it would be fantastic!

Mike

Back