Hope the teaser worked, new song up and running, please review!

Checked out "Skin" and then part of "Things in Me". I have a comment about the mix. On my pc both songs sounded pretty much like all drums and distorted rhythm guitar. I was wondering if you'd consider getting some more low end and definition on the toms, kick drum and bass guitar to punch things up and give the mix some balls. Seems to me that the low end should be defined and "kicking you in the chest". Especially on "Skin" where combined with the fast tempo it would sound killer. The vocal(s) are a bit buried in the mix also.

Listening to Skin as I write:

Very nice guitar-work.. Very intense. Good riffing...

I'd strongly recommend you to try to record the bass distorted and find a good bass/git balance.. Maybe you'll like it :-) Work on the "humanizing" part of the drums.

Vox could come up a bit..

Good song.. Keep it up!
- Mesh

The cliffhanger is over

I can go about my normal life now that the cliffhanger is over.LOL. I think it's an awesome song. Mixwise, I thought the guitar was overbearing at times. The kick was nice and tight but could have used more low end, it kinda disappeared after the guitar got crankin'. The song is slammin', if you tweak the mix a little I think it would be really effective.

Nice work
Ray J

I am glad u guys like the song and I duely note (and agree) with what critisism has been given. Maybe some intro about thew drums:

I am using a drum sequenser prog for the drums and as a mixer would you believe, and to get the mixing levels right I am finding extremely hard. Oh well, till I get better equipment I guess this will have to do.

Thanx ppl.

Just listened this morning, so I don't know if this is the tweaked version or not...sounded good to me, but kinda drummy....that humanizing suggestion above could still be done?...nice tune...gibs

Back