HomeRec Collab! Freudian, Gorty, & Greg - Strutter!

Greg_L

Banned
Okay folks, here's an online collaboration from your very own Freudian Slip, Gorty, and Greg. :)

Here's our take on the KISS classic - "Strutter"
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5767181&q=hi

The lineup:
Freudian Slip - Lead vocals
Gorty - Rhythm/Lead guitars
Greg - Drums/Bass/bacup vocals

Background:
F.S. approached me about doing this song several months ago. I agreed it would be a great idea, and we kept it on the back burner. A few months later it became time to do it, and I figured we had to get Gorty involved - since he's a KISS freak like me. Gorty agreed, and I got to work laying down the drums and bass. Gorty got his rough tracks recorded to my drum/bass backing track and off the rough scratch mix went to Freudian Slip for him to start laying down the vox. After several file transfers, emails, private messages, ideas, suggestions, and rough mixes, here we are. I mixed it here on my system, but nothing was done without us all hearing the mix as it progressed. Everyone's input was critical and it truly was a collaborative effort. It was like we were all in the same room. FS and Gorty were a pleasure to "work" with and the whole thing went really smooth. We're pretty pleased with it and hope yall like it. :)

Kewl!

Great job guys! Diggin' this big time. Gorty's a better guitar player than Ace, so maybe sloppy up the solo a bit. BG vocals are excellent.

Drums and bass are tight, as they should be since the drummer and the bassist are the same person (good job Greg).

Lead vocals are good and far better than I could ever do....but there's a hint of "Elvis sings Kiss" to it, just a little "Elvis-ish-ness".

Great production and a fun listen.

Bart

Super rockin' tune guys. I liked everything about this - performance, mix, everything. One of the best sounding collabs I've heard. You guys rock!

Lead vocals are good and far better than I could ever do....but there's a hint of "Elvis sings Kiss" to it, just a little "Elvis-ish-ness".

Bart

LOL. Most people would say, bowie, danzig, morrison,,,, But Elvis!!! You've earned my scorn:D

I guess I wont bitch to much about any comparison to the king:rolleyes:

Actually when my band does it I sing it lower and we play in a different key. This was a bit if a stretch for me.

F.S.

LOL. Most people would say, bowie, danzig, morrison,,,, But Elvis!!! You've earned my scorn:D

I guess I wont bitch to much about any comparison to the king:rolleyes:

Actually when my band does it I sing it lower and we play in a different key. This was a bit if a stretch for me.

F.S.

Good friggin job!

PS- tried to give all three of ya some rep but the rep button ain't workin'

Good friggin job!

PS- tried to give all three of ya some rep but the rep button ain't workin'

Thanks:) I actually never yell up high like I do in this version a couple times. But I figured I'd Give it a shot. Came out ok, never been a david lee roth type singer. Makes my balls hurt;)

F.S.

Thanks a lot everybody. :)

FS did fantastic job on the vox. I don't know about Elvis, but I'm glad he didn't try to sing it like Paul Stanley. Freudian's voice is unique and big and it lends a totally different spin to the song. :)

Thanks a lot everybody. :)

FS did fantastic job on the vox. I don't know about Elvis, but I'm glad he didn't try to sing it like Paul Stanley. Freudian's voice is unique and big and it lends a totally different spin to the song. :)

I liked the different vocal sound...

Thanks to all. I had fun with it. I was a bit lazy and didn't fix a couple parts in my vocals that bug me, but lazy is as lazy does:D I'm not the perfectionist that Greg and Gorty are. Those guys really put alot into this and it shows! They obviously have loads more energy than I do and oodles of talant to boot:D

Twas fun, I like it cause all I have to do is sing, no practice or learning a solo:p;)

F.S.

Last edited:
A great big thanx to Greg and Freudian for the fun and great effort put in to making this online collaboration fun, I had an absolute ball doing this...THANX again Greg and Freudian.
Thanx also to everyone for your comments and your time taken to listen.

Gorty :)

Back