Home Recordings

The drumming is decent. The major thing that I hear is that the drums have a very very different tone from the rest of the mix. It seems like if you're going for the 70's sound, you'd want to keep the drums relatively tame (mostly referring to the ride and to an extent the crash). There's not much differentiation between the tom tones and the kick. Bring the guitar up. Let us hear those licks! Pretty decent for the style, in my opinion.

And in the second song, basically all I can hear are snippets of guitar and vocals, and definitely drums.

Thoughts:

First track: It does seem like a 70's sound....I like it though! For me, the bass seems a little loud in the mix - could be me. I'm using Tannoy Reveals (pretty flat response) which aren't known for their low end prowess. Guitars do seems kinda distant to me in the mix. I'd certainly like to hear a more pronounced guitar sound - nice licks.

Second track: sounds like a lot of high-end going on there, and the bottom has dropped out a bit. I like the vintage syth stuff (if that's what I'm actually hearing). The vocals get a little lost in the mix in this one. The kick sounds pretty close to the same frequency as the rest of the kit - isn't real deep.

I like both tunes man! I'm not a pro by any means, so take my thoughts however you want to.

All I had to mix through was the PA so I expect it to be a little rough.
The synth is a moog and the piano a rhodes. It was done live into an adat
and mixed through the board. Computer was just the mixdown deck.

I enjoyed it...

I also took some time to browse your web site...it's all good. The drums. I thought, needed a little different sound. Great energy.

I liked it all, nice work. Keep it up, I book marked your web page...lets post some more stuff on there so we can enjoy more.

Rock ON !!!!

R

Back