~~~~ Home Recording Challenge 3 ~~~~

SLuiCe

~~~~ Home Recording Challenge 4 ~~~~

If you see this thread bumped off the page, please bump it back up until the deadline of the challenge has arrived. Thanks.

Also, I just wanted to say I think it's a bit of a miracle that a challenge like this could even be proposed. These are exciting times, IMO.

OK- The interest is growing and I think we can get this thing rolling.

Please respond to this thread if you are going to participate.

HRC 4 Challenge

The challenge is for two people selected randomly to work together in the writing, recording, and mixing process of a new project. The names will be drawn from my Paul Reed Smith Guitars baseball hat to determine the pairs.

Targeted goals of the challenge(or at least a couple of them)

• To have barrels full of fun
  • To create new and refreshing music by combining a variety of styles and approaches.
  • To bring together people from various genres and experience levels who might not otherwise interact.
  • To foster learning on a 1 on1 level.
  • To share hair care tips.

Logistics

All participants must respond to this thread by June 15th to be eligible for pairing. Please enter your name on this thread by typing the words "I'm in" in the subject of your post. On June 16th I will draw the names and announce the losers. You will then have until between August 1 and August 10 to get with your partner and complete your project. I'm proposing a 10-day window since we don't want to have 20 HRC tunes posted all at once, especially since some people still only have the site set to like 20 threads per page, which means a lot of good music by soloists will be overlooked. Most of us understand why that is bad.
It is up to you and your partner to determine the technical means by which you will collaborate. If both you and your partner are unsure of a good method of collaboration, I recommend you start ONE suggestion thread. I'm sure it will spawn quite a conversation with plenty of good suggestions.

THIS IS NOT A CONTEST. Like HRC 1 and 2 and um 3, this is for fun and experience- not fame, money and girls. Well, maybe girls. (Sorry if you're a girl...I crack stupid jokes.)

Please, if you have any questions or see any problems with this challenge that I've overlooked, post the question here. We'll work it out if it isn't worked out already and I just failed to mention it.

RECAP
  1. Enter your name on this thread by typing the words "I'm in" in the subject of your postby June 15.
  2. Drawing is on June 16
  3. Songs posting will take place between August 1 and August 10
Have fun!

Tom

Last edited:
Transatlantic jamming, I've been dreaming about this ever since I got on the net...

I'm definitely in.

:D

I'm in.......

..........well, .....ya'll know I can't resist a collaboration. :)

A great, great idea Tom.

Ok first off before I read anything. Nice looking post.

It's nice to know not only can you have a career in music, but also in editing/typesetting. Man some people are like uber-blessed.

Secondly, ugh.. what a hangover

YEAH BABY!! Im in.

I wonder if this is like a first or something. Seriously, are they cooking up stuff like this on other sites? I'm getting weird Seattle circa 1991 vibes.

I wonder what happens if you get paired with your musical polar opposite, do you explode or something. Seriously what would be the weirdest pairing you could think of right now? Like if it's flat-9 and cranky will we get "Intermission" by Tool? Anyway, this will be cake, a real challenge will be for me to collect 100 or so working neurons by the end of the day.

Re: Secondly, ugh.. what a hangover

Khompewtur said:
I wonder what happens if you get paired with your musical polar opposite, do you explode or something. Seriously what would be the weirdest pairing you could think of right now?

ROFL! Chrisharris and SLuiCe I think...and what about Crawdad and Crankyone? :eek:!

"O no! Not CanopuS!

I don't want hiss on my recording!

Just kiddin' CanopuS... "

Ahem.... while I feel like hitting him ;) he has made a good point. The quality is going to be feeble if they worked with me. Should I be banned from it?

*Rigs the competition so he is with Pedullist ;)*

Back