home recording band?

shiatzu

This might be a silly proposition, but I think it'd be a cool project... does anyone want to write some songs and we could pass around the files (pref. in cubase) and track the parts?
basically we'd need someone to play/create drums, bass, keyboards (i could do that one), guitar(s), vocals, etc.. and then someone to mix/master it. Basically as many people as possible, just to keep things interesting. Any takers?

Actually we have been doing that for quite awile...I am sure some of the regulars will be on this soon......

oh.. well, if there are any projects in the works that need keyboards I'd be more than glad to throw down some tracks.

edit: well, colour me non-observant.. there's already the same suggestion on the first page! ... wow, 12 hour work shifts really take a toll on the ol' noggin :)

Yep, like I said, there should be someone along fairly soon - if I get more time, I may be interested.......

well, i'm mainly an "indie rock organist" ... but really, anything would be fine; I've played with modern rock bands, folk bands, 60s rock bands, punk.. and learned from and appreciated each. basically, if someone has some good songs let's get them recorded. I've never done recording (or writing) by proxy before, so I'm pretty much open to anything to get some experience.

Well I mostly play punk, but any rocky kind of stuff would be fine. I'm really not that fussy about it and actually would like to try something different to give me a break.

I can write songs... just tell me what you want. You can check out my work on the album my band released somewhere in this forum.

grn said:
I can write songs... just tell me what you want. You can check out my work on the album my band released somewhere in this forum.

Sounds good. I'd preferably like something that's definitely "rockin'" and distorted, but catchy in a poppy kinda way. It'd be cool to get some vocal harmonies in there. How about drums, bass, guitar or two, organ and vocals? I'm not sure how you'd want to record, MichaelM, maybe grn could record a scratch track with a guitar and rough melody to a click track... then we could fill in the drums and retrack everything else.

something in the same style as this would be freakin' sweet:

Can I be the manager that takes 90% of the profit?

I have hours of samples from TV and I can skat, as well.

As far as lyrics: How about writing something about when it's dark and you're looking at something that glows in the dark, you can't really see it, but if you look away and see it out of the corner of your eye, it is glowing more. What the fuck's up with that?
Use it as an analogy or something.

swatsds said:
How about writing something about when it's dark and you're looking at something that glows in the dark, you can't really see it, but if you look away and see it out of the corner of your eye, it is glowing more. What the fuck's up with that?
Use it as an analogy or something.

Genius. Absolute genius.

Yeah a basic guitar track with vocals would be all I need. Either with a click track on the sound, or played to a click track in time so I can line it up in Sonar... Then yeah record the drums, and then retrack everything else.

The only problem is I'm kind of limited with my mics at the moment... I might be able to borrow a few though, it shouldn't be a problem. Have Rode NT5s for overheads, SM57 for snare and another SM57 for kick... I'm kindof looking at buying a D112 for kick, just scraping together some funds.. Still the sound I'm getting even with those microphones is definatedly useable. I would like a bit more punch to my kick, but like I said I should probably be able to get a hold of some mics if I have to.

I'll write it and upload a scratch track, then you all can do whatever you wish with it. If no one else wants to redo the vocals, I'll do them.

Back