'Holdin On' - Please take a listen

Cool classic rock vibe.

Guitars seem to need to be brought down in regard to the over all mix, vocals need to be brought up. The whole thing doesn't have that "glue" that holds everything together, if that makes any sense. Also, the guitars, though loud, don't seem large enough for the song. Bass and vocals are a little muddy too, not "present" enough. I like it though. Kind of a throw back type of feel to it. See what every one else says though.

Cool classic rock vibe.

Guitars seem to need to be brought down in regard to the over all mix, vocals need to be brought up. The whole thing doesn't have that "glue" that holds everything together, if that makes any sense. Also, the guitars, though loud, don't seem large enough for the song. Bass and vocals are a little muddy too, not "present" enough. I like it though. Kind of a throw back type of feel to it. See what every one else says though.

i agree with your observations. i just added 2nd mix but i just cant make it work but tell me if its an improvement. i dont like the vocals mostly so i might just scrap it lol :)

Hmmmm...the vocals still aren't sitting right for some reason. They don't sound consistently dynamic. They sound o.k. for the "Holdin On" parts, but then they get real close and out of place at other parts. Bass and drums sound better, guitars sound a little dry still.

If you recorded the guitar with a second ambient microphone placed further back from the one on the speaker, I would throw more of that in the mix and less of the one you have. If you didn't, I would add another track of guitars with the mike way back and throw that in the mix. Same with the vocals. You seemed to have gotten pretty close to that sound with the drums. Definately back off the mike with the vocals, and use some compression if you have it available. These are just my suggestions, so take it for what it's worth, which ain't a bunch since I could probably use help with my own mixes;)

guitars seem to loud, and the drums and bass are to low. The snare drum doesnt sound good for this song might want to try and use drumagog if possible.

i agree with ksounds 100%. there's no glue here. all the parts sound like they were recorded in separate rooms.

the guitar is either too loud, or there's too much high-mid bite. probably a bit of both.

the vocals come and go--again i'm with ksounds. you really need compression on tracking here. drums and bass could use more punch too, but they're not too far outside what you'd want for the genre.

good effort, it just needs some work. it brings clutch to mind, but not as modern or aggresive.

one last agreement with ksounds: my mixes ain't perfect by any stretch, so take it fwiw. :D

good luck! :)

yeah i agree. im going to scrap this song until maybe in future ill redo the vox...etc. thanks for listening

Last edited:
Back