It seems all hope is lost

I keep "Holdin' On" forever
I keep "Holdin' On" whenever……

Last edited:
Hey Steve,

Nice to see you got the ink fixed.

Mix and arrangement are nice. Nice radio friendly song (whatever that means) :). Instrumentation is perfect for this kind of song. You got enough ear candy going on in the each speaker to keep it interesting throughout, nice guitar sound too.

Not much I can offer as far as advice goes. Sounds finished to me. I'm not really up on this style of music, it's not something I listen to, to be honest. But it's very well done.

Has a country flavor in it, which I really like! You know, some people find it odd that I like folk and country music. Maybe because I always wear black T-Shirts full of bloody entrails, dead bodies, and entropic logo designs. Anyway, I love such acts as Garth Brooks, Jolie Holland, The Merrits, Al Stewart, to name some of them. Listening to diverse kinds of music challenges me to think, allows my mind to experiment with different song structures, a variety of instruments, and makes me a better (metal) musician.

Anyway, I sort of branched off. I really like your tune and couldn't agree more with RAMI. Song is finished.

PS: Gonna hear all your tracks.

PS: Gonna hear all your tracks.

I would have done that too, but nothing I hate more than a spammer. If someone doesn't have the decency to come back and respond to people that listened to his tune, I say fuck him. Especially since he had the nerve to PM me to tell me his link is working after I pointed it wasn't. Sends me a private message so I would listen to his tune but can't come back and respond to people that took the time to listen. Like I said, fuck him. On top of that, I hate this kind of "music", but thought I'd let him know it was well done anyway. Did I mention, fuck him?

Well, just to be fair, the guy used to give critiques to others around here in the recent past. Not yours however. Maybe he just got busy. Maybe he had a loss in his life. Who knows...

Not sure I would 'fuck him' for it.

Just saying RAMI....

You seem a bit grouchy lately. You may need to kazoo.. :)

Well, just to be fair, the guy used to give critiques to others around here in the past. Maybe he just got busy. Maybe he had a loss in his life. Who knows...

Just saying RAMI....
Maybe. But he was around posting well after he posted this.

It's cool. I'm not saying anyone else should "fuck him". But when someone goes out of their way to send me a private message to get me to listen to their tune, but doesn't have the decency to come back into his own thread after I oblige him, I definitely say "fuck him". You're all free to do what you want, not asking anyone to do what I say.

Just sayin Jimmy.....

That is what the 'NONREDUNDANT VSTi' is for. It places great originality in the place of the things you have heard a billion times before. :D

...and just for the record, I don't know the guy. He might be the nicest guy in the world for all I know. But he has been online, last time was 14 hours ago. So it's just a case of being totally self absorbed. I don't react like this to everyone who doesn't come back to their thread, many people do that. My issue is being put on the spot and almost feeling "obliged" to comment on someone's tune because they actually had the chutzpuh to send me a private message about going to listen to it. Then, not even coming back to acknowledge the people that commented.

No big deal, "Fuck him" sounds angrier than it's meant to be. I just have a potty mouth and I generally type way more intensely than I actually feel. :D

Someone bumped this thread to the top. Otherwise, I had totally forgotten about it. So did the OP. :)

Last edited:
Well, just to be fair, the guy used to give critiques to others around here in the recent past. Not yours however. Maybe he just got busy. Maybe he had a loss in his life. Who knows...

Just saying RAMI....

You seem a bit grouchy lately. You may need to kazoo.. :)

Its a finished tune on his CD, it isn't really forthright to drop a tune in the clinic, when you have no intention of getting anyones opinion. Just be honest and post it in the Marketing thread.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he didn't know.

Hey guys....

I just happened to click on my tool bar and saw my song up top....A scathing thread, but I gotta admit, guilty as charged but, yeah I did forget all about the thread....My bad.....

Every now and then I click on a link, but haven't been on the FORUMS really at all....

RAMI...Didn't mean to offend.....I do post & crit alot in advance for other peoples tunes on FORUMS cause I don't always get back and read every post on mine, but check in periodoically...But I believe I crit enough other peoples tunes.

On a "life" note, I switched jobs and have been having to work dog hours....Any time on the Web has been spent on other aspects of Music not the FORUMS...

Sorry all....

Back