Hit Shitter - Metal-ish (80's)?

BCF1

Was going for more Ufo then hair spray, kind of 80's ish i guess. I think i may upload tracks and post to "mix this" sometime soon.
I would be grateful for any thoughts and/or ideas for improvement.
Thank you

Box

My main nitpick is the intro. At 10 seconds in, when the accompaniment comes in it sounds a tad muddy. I think this is due to the bass coming in with the rhythm guitars. I would either lose the bass until the drums kick in or I would have had a kick/cymbal crash at the 'one' of each measure with, maybe, some other drum flourishes to help give the bass presence and weight. Once everything kicks in, though, it all works very well. At 4:00 in you do sort of what I'm talking about with a similar motif as the intro and it sounds more glued together and ballsy. Also, during the choruses there's this melody on guitar going over the chord progression that has a bit of a timing issue. Could be tighter. I really dig the guitar solo tone. Sounds like a little Vox or similar small amp being pushed to the point of torture. The vocals are perfect for this style. While there are definitely some 80's nods in there, it also works in a modern context as well. Good job.

Theres a lot of cool parts happening here. Great Rock vibe with a catchy chorus , and as mentioned the vocals fit very well.
sound wise I would suggest . E.Q. ing for more separation and clarity in the mix, and it sounds to me
like the levels are being pushed hard. Not sure if its from some of the individual tracks or the mastering.
I dig this tune! ......Ray

At 10 seconds in it sounds a tad muddy. .......
,melody on guitar going over the chord progression has a bit of a timing issue. ....

I was working on the mud in this mix and I agree it still needs attention. The guitar tone had/has a lot in the 300-400hz range that I suspect is one part of the issue. The bass tone(which I was not really happy with) is the other part. When combined its like quick sand.
Think it could clean up with more precise subtractive eqing.
The intro could definitely use some drumming or something to bind it. I tried a hi hat thing with some kick, end up all Run To The Hills.
I didn't want it like the
re-intro @ 4:00
Got burnt out on working on it so I cut it.
Also I hear what you do regarding melody over chorus... it's a bit ahead of rhythm timing and beat. I think I must have mis-alligned that track at some point. I had it muted, decided to use it right before rendering. Didn't really listen first..

All good observations and areas I will revisit.

Thank you for listening and commenting
Much appreciated

Theres a lot of cool parts happening here. Great Rock vibe with a catchy chorus , and as mentioned the vocals fit very well.
sound wise I would suggest . E.Q. ing for more separation and clarity in the mix, and it sounds to me
like the levels are being pushed hard. Not sure if its from some of the individual tracks or the mastering.
I dig this tune! ......Ray

Ray Thank you !!

I think you are correct,
more/better eq-ing would help out a lot with separation, clarity and
Falls in line with what Jam mentioned as well.
My pseudo mastering for lack of better term consists of smashing the master pretty hard. Not to a brick wave form but what I call the spikey Caterpillar.... Lame.

Thanks again for listening and comments

Much appreciated

It could use some high end polish for my ears. The lead sound on the first solo sounds a little out of place, the tone on the 2nd solo seems to fit the sound better. Great transition into the chorus and nicely balanced overall. Great tune to drive way too fast to...

Back