hiphop (beatles sample)- political - titeeeeeeeee (please critique of course)

shackrock

This is our newest song...
its hiphop, political, and awesome! ha.

if you like the beatles, you'll know where this sample is from right away (obviosuly the beatles...now name that song!)

but mainly, critique the mix...how to make it shine anymore...etc. etc. the usuals..ha

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1851&alid=-1
"Home of the Brave"

Input: Microsoft WAV, PCM Data, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 24 bit
Sample Container: Input: 16 bit, 2 channels, sample rate 44100 Hz, Output: 16 bit
Output: MPEG-1 Layer 3, 44100 Hz, Stereo, CBR 256 kbps, Lowpass-Filter 19500 Hz

thats the info (from winlame) about the mp3..

oh yeah, and this is the song that i put that "bull horn" effect on the chorus...for those who helped me out with that under "mixing"..

thanks again, and critique everything!

Ummm, I don't know what to say about dat except you did the Megaphone and crowd effect very well.

The loop is from "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

You don't seem to need the confidence boost, but it completely kicks ass. At lower volumes, I was losing the vocal a tad in the beginning...But it wasn't a problem at criminally loud volumes. You did a nice job with the bullhorn, btw...I was scared it was gonna' make my ears bleed at high volumes, but it was actually pretty well contained.

:D
-A Selfish Fucking American Who Knows Where Afghanistan Sits On The Map.

As a fan of old school hip-hop, this is pretty good. Got to have a lot of balls to sample Harrison. I wouldn't recommend the lyrics for anybody older, sounds like me when I was 18, man I had a lot to learn...

Also, may I suggest to remove the loop at least once, and have maybe just the drums for a couple of measures. Would make the loop more effective, nice variation on the loop at the end.

Good work, v polished, no doubt.

2 observations, based purely on personal taste:

1. Maybe take some of the highs out of the snare and hat to 'dirty' them a bit. I dislike that 'overproduced' sound on breakbeats, makes em sound a bit commercial and lacking in integrity.

2. Try to inject more emotion into the vocal. Its good as it stands, tidy, competent, but this is supposed to be a rage against ... well against a lot of things. For me your delivery sounds a touch calm, maybe reference Eminem's 'Whatever You Say I Am', now he sounds pissed!

Good stuff.
Klytus

Back