Hip-Hop: Title track to my upcoming LP "Tuesday Mournings"

Change of POETS

This is my first song for the clinic, I'm hoping to get some feedback on the mix of this track. I recently purchased a new set of monitors (Alesis MKII M1) and I'm still getting used to them.

The lyrics are with the song (click the "lyrics/story" button) for you non-rap listeners.

I appreciate any feedback...

Yes, that's me singing and I know I suck but, due to the subject matter of the track I wanted it to be me. Regardless of the fact that I can't sing...

Top song on the page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/changemusic.htm

I appreciate the help.

-Change

Hey man, nice job...Understand I don't listen to much rap recreationally, lol, but I've mixed some of it, so I'm learning. The music bed sounds really good to me. Actually, most of the vocal sounds good to me too. The rap sounds great...where you're singing though, just bring the lead up a touch, and the bg vox down a bit...they're walking on each other and blurring it up.

It wouldn't hurt to throw a little more verb on the vocal JUST when you're singing...to put it in a little different space.

I was able to listen several times, which is more than I can say for most stuff in this genre, so I think that has to say SOMETHING good about the song. :D Sounds heartfelt. Nice job. Others will be more helpful, lol.

chrisharris said:
Hey man, nice job...Understand I don't listen to much rap recreationally, lol, but I've mixed some of it, so I'm learning. The music bed sounds really good to me. Actually, most of the vocal sounds good to me too. The rap sounds great...where you're singing though, just bring the lead up a touch, and the bg vox down a bit...they're walking on each other and blurring it up.

It wouldn't hurt to throw a little more verb on the vocal JUST when you're singing...to put it in a little different space.

I was able to listen several times, which is more than I can say for most stuff in this genre, so I think that has to say SOMETHING good about the song. :D Sounds heartfelt. Nice job. Others will be more helpful, lol.

Thanks a lot Chris, I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking of adding more verb to the hook, but I didn't want to overdo it either. In fact, I used your "Concert Hall Lighter" preset on that lead in the hook :)

Change of POETS said:
In fact, I used your "Concert Hall Lighter" preset on that lead in the hook :)
Yeah, see...that's why nobody should ever listen to me, lol. All I do is contradict myself.

Anyway, I hope some other ears give this a listen. Clinic seems to be kinda' dead these days.

you sound like Bubba Sparxx on this song. you got that country sound.

It's a sweet song, except for the hook. I think you should ask a good singer to sing it instead.

Change of POETS said:
This is my first song for the clinic, I'm hoping to get some feedback on the mix of this track. I recently purchased a new set of monitors (Alesis MKII M1) and I'm still getting used to them.

The lyrics are with the song (click the "lyrics/story" button) for you non-rap listeners.

I appreciate any feedback...

Yes, that's me singing and I know I suck but, due to the subject matter of the track I wanted it to be me. Regardless of the fact that I can't sing...

Top song on the page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/changemusic.htm

I appreciate the help.

-Change

probably a good therapeutic experience for you... not very interesting for the masses, though. sorry about the loss of your dad, man. i have a baby son and not a day goes by that i don't think about this subject.

wsup change, nice song even thou you were tryin to sing(smile) but that really makes the song..add a little more reverb and you good..keep up the hard work..

I might have a beat for you when I get back..gotta new Site to Load beats too..be on the lookout...peace

http://www.soundclick.com/bossrecordings

Back