Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hip-Hop: Title track to my upcoming LP "Tuesday Mournings"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,571
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    8918

    Hip-Hop: Title track to my upcoming LP "Tuesday Mournings"

    Sign in to disable this ad
    This is my first song for the clinic, I'm hoping to get some feedback on the mix of this track. I recently purchased a new set of monitors (Alesis MKII M1) and I'm still getting used to them.

    The lyrics are with the song (click the "lyrics/story" button) for you non-rap listeners.

    I appreciate any feedback...

    Yes, that's me singing and I know I suck but, due to the subject matter of the track I wanted it to be me. Regardless of the fact that I can't sing...

    Top song on the page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/changemusic.htm

    I appreciate the help.

    -Change

    Preview of the new Album here!!!
    Mixing and Mastering services for your project, contact change@changehiphop.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,224
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    15770430
    Hey man, nice job...Understand I don't listen to much rap recreationally, lol, but I've mixed some of it, so I'm learning. The music bed sounds really good to me. Actually, most of the vocal sounds good to me too. The rap sounds great...where you're singing though, just bring the lead up a touch, and the bg vox down a bit...they're walking on each other and blurring it up.

    It wouldn't hurt to throw a little more verb on the vocal JUST when you're singing...to put it in a little different space.

    I was able to listen several times, which is more than I can say for most stuff in this genre, so I think that has to say SOMETHING good about the song. Sounds heartfelt. Nice job. Others will be more helpful, lol.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,571
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    8918
    Originally posted by chrisharris
    Hey man, nice job...Understand I don't listen to much rap recreationally, lol, but I've mixed some of it, so I'm learning. The music bed sounds really good to me. Actually, most of the vocal sounds good to me too. The rap sounds great...where you're singing though, just bring the lead up a touch, and the bg vox down a bit...they're walking on each other and blurring it up.

    It wouldn't hurt to throw a little more verb on the vocal JUST when you're singing...to put it in a little different space.

    I was able to listen several times, which is more than I can say for most stuff in this genre, so I think that has to say SOMETHING good about the song. Sounds heartfelt. Nice job. Others will be more helpful, lol.
    Thanks a lot Chris, I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking of adding more verb to the hook, but I didn't want to overdo it either. In fact, I used your "Concert Hall Lighter" preset on that lead in the hook

    Preview of the new Album here!!!
    Mixing and Mastering services for your project, contact change@changehiphop.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,224
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    15770430
    Originally posted by Change of POETS
    In fact, I used your "Concert Hall Lighter" preset on that lead in the hook
    Yeah, see...that's why nobody should ever listen to me, lol. All I do is contradict myself.

    Anyway, I hope some other ears give this a listen. Clinic seems to be kinda' dead these days.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago area, probably looking for more coffee.
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,843
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 204 Times in 144 Posts
    Rep Power
    16180575
    I only get a pre-recorded error message... Which in and of itself, is pretty cool. Much better than a 404 screen...

    John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,571
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    8918
    Any more feedback?

    Preview of the new Album here!!!
    Mixing and Mastering services for your project, contact change@changehiphop.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    you sound like Bubba Sparxx on this song. you got that country sound.

    It's a sweet song, except for the hook. I think you should ask a good singer to sing it instead.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Hip-Hop: Title track to my upcoming LP "Tuesday Mournings"

    Originally posted by Change of POETS
    This is my first song for the clinic, I'm hoping to get some feedback on the mix of this track. I recently purchased a new set of monitors (Alesis MKII M1) and I'm still getting used to them.

    The lyrics are with the song (click the "lyrics/story" button) for you non-rap listeners.

    I appreciate any feedback...

    Yes, that's me singing and I know I suck but, due to the subject matter of the track I wanted it to be me. Regardless of the fact that I can't sing...

    Top song on the page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/changemusic.htm

    I appreciate the help.

    -Change
    probably a good therapeutic experience for you... not very interesting for the masses, though. sorry about the loss of your dad, man. i have a baby son and not a day goes by that i don't think about this subject.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    MD, USA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,758
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    33282
    wsup change, nice song even thou you were tryin to sing(smile) but that really makes the song..add a little more reverb and you good..keep up the hard work..

    I might have a beat for you when I get back..gotta new Site to Load beats too..be on the lookout...peace

    http://www.soundclick.com/bossrecordings
    B Knot
    4 bars is hip hop, no need for more if it's a hit!!
    "Trunks poppin'... B Knot Hits..."
    Boss Recordings
    http://www.unsigned.com/bossrecordings
    http://www.jamwave.com/bossrecordings
    http://www.reverbnation.com/bossrecordings

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    THE D
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Yo i FELT this ya feel me. Do yo thang
    [color=purple][u][b]Some bodyy call 911 and report a code1122 (pimp done come home and is ready to grind)[/b][/u][/color]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •