Thread: Hip-Hop: Title track to my upcoming LP "Tuesday Mournings"

Thanks

Hip-Hop: Title track to my upcoming LP "Tuesday Mournings"

Sign in to disable this ad
    This is my first song for the clinic, I'm hoping to get some feedback on the mix of this track. I recently purchased a new set of monitors (Alesis MKII M1) and I'm still getting used to them.

The lyrics are with the song (click the "lyrics/story" button) for you non-rap listeners.

I appreciate any feedback...

Yes, that's me singing and I know I suck but, due to the subject matter of the track I wanted it to be me. Regardless of the fact that I can't sing...

Top song on the page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/changemusic.htm

I appreciate the help.

-Change

Preview of the new Album here!!!
    Mixing and Mastering services for your project, contact change@changehiphop.com

Thanks
    Hey man, nice job...Understand I don't listen to much rap recreationally, lol, but I've mixed some of it, so I'm learning. The music bed sounds really good to me. Actually, most of the vocal sounds good to me too. The rap sounds great...where you're singing though, just bring the lead up a touch, and the bg vox down a bit...they're walking on each other and blurring it up.

It wouldn't hurt to throw a little more verb on the vocal JUST when you're singing...to put it in a little different space.

I was able to listen several times, which is more than I can say for most stuff in this genre, so I think that has to say SOMETHING good about the song. Sounds heartfelt. Nice job. Others will be more helpful, lol.

Thanks
    Originally posted by chrisharris
    Hey man, nice job...Understand I don't listen to much rap recreationally, lol, but I've mixed some of it, so I'm learning. The music bed sounds really good to me. Actually, most of the vocal sounds good to me too. The rap sounds great...where you're singing though, just bring the lead up a touch, and the bg vox down a bit...they're walking on each other and blurring it up.

It wouldn't hurt to throw a little more verb on the vocal JUST when you're singing...to put it in a little different space.

I was able to listen several times, which is more than I can say for most stuff in this genre, so I think that has to say SOMETHING good about the song. Sounds heartfelt. Nice job. Others will be more helpful, lol.
    Thanks a lot Chris, I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking of adding more verb to the hook, but I didn't want to overdo it either. In fact, I used your "Concert Hall Lighter" preset on that lead in the hook

Thanks
    Originally posted by Change of POETS
    In fact, I used your "Concert Hall Lighter" preset on that lead in the hook
    Yeah, see...that's why nobody should ever listen to me, lol. All I do is contradict myself.

Anyway, I hope some other ears give this a listen. Clinic seems to be kinda' dead these days.

Chicago area, probably looking for more coffee.
    Thanks
    I only get a pre-recorded error message... Which in and of itself, is pretty cool. Much better than a 404 screen...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thanks
    Any more feedback?

Thanks
    you sound like Bubba Sparxx on this song. you got that country sound.

It's a sweet song, except for the hook. I think you should ask a good singer to sing it instead.

Thanks

Re: Hip-Hop: Title track to my upcoming LP "Tuesday Mournings"

Originally posted by Change of POETS
    This is my first song for the clinic, I'm hoping to get some feedback on the mix of this track. I recently purchased a new set of monitors (Alesis MKII M1) and I'm still getting used to them.

The lyrics are with the song (click the "lyrics/story" button) for you non-rap listeners.

I appreciate any feedback...

Yes, that's me singing and I know I suck but, due to the subject matter of the track I wanted it to be me. Regardless of the fact that I can't sing...

Top song on the page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/changemusic.htm

I appreciate the help.

-Change
    probably a good therapeutic experience for you... not very interesting for the masses, though. sorry about the loss of your dad, man. i have a baby son and not a day goes by that i don't think about this subject.

Thanks
    wsup change, nice song even thou you were tryin to sing(smile) but that really makes the song..add a little more reverb and you good..keep up the hard work..

I might have a beat for you when I get back..gotta new Site to Load beats too..be on the lookout...peace

http://www.soundclick.com/bossrecordings
    B Knot
    4 bars is hip hop, no need for more if it's a hit!!
    "Trunks poppin'... B Knot Hits..."
    Boss Recordings
    http://www.unsigned.com/bossrecordings
    http://www.jamwave.com/bossrecordings
    http://www.reverbnation.com/bossrecordings

Thanks
    Yo i FELT this ya feel me. Do yo thang
    [color=purple][u][b]Some bodyy call 911 and report a code1122 (pimp done come home and is ready to grind)[/b][/u][/color]

Thread Information