Hip-hop: Gimme A Break!

flame said:
First off, this beat is not produced by me. It was just me and two other chicks spittin on it. Please leave any feedbacks or critics:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/flameproductionsmusic.htm

lol ... I feel ya! I need a break too! :-)

Aye ... I think you should bring the volume up on the chorus so that it's "stronger".

Oh, and what kind of mic are you using? I can understand you, but the vocals sound a little muffled.

Keep at it!

W-I-Z

Re: Re: Hip-hop: Gimme A Break!

W-I-Z said:
lol ... I feel ya! I need a break too! :-)

Aye ... I think you should bring the volume up on the chorus so that it's "stronger".

Oh, and what kind of mic are you using? I can understand you, but the vocals sound a little muffled.

Keep at it!

W-I-Z

which verse you can't understand?

and i can't turn the volume up on the hook, cuz that aint my beat.

Re: Re: Re: Hip-hop: Gimme A Break!

flame said:
which verse you can't understand?

and i can't turn the volume up on the hook, cuz that aint my beat.

I can understand all of them just fine .... they just sound a little muffled ... that's all.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hip-hop: Gimme A Break!

W-I-Z said:
I can understand all of them just fine .... they just sound a little muffled ... that's all.

yeah bad recording mic i guess

lol, a flip on the gimme a break theme??? cool

the first lady sounds like Left Eye a bit, good flow, good verse....im feelin that

second got more of a dirty south cadence....she got flow too....she rippin ...she got a bit more gangsta in her voice too. another good verse.

third, she really got a different sound...i like it though, distinctive, not flexing her flow as much as the previous two emcees, but a good contrast....her lyrics are nice

i enjoyed it, do your thing ladies...good to hear yall grinding

Need to work on everything across the board. Vocals are too hot and muffled...beat is thin, lacking in percussion...

wargasms said:
lol, a flip on the gimme a break theme??? cool

the first lady sounds like Left Eye a bit, good flow, good verse....im feelin that

second got more of a dirty south cadence....she got flow too....she rippin ...she got a bit more gangsta in her voice too. another good verse.

third, she really got a different sound...i like it though, distinctive, not flexing her flow as much as the previous two emcees, but a good contrast....her lyrics are nice

i enjoyed it, do your thing ladies...good to hear yall grinding

do you use something to stop the vocal pops?

I hate sounding like a typical mastering guy, but the compression should really be through out again...

Technical stuff... Sounds like a phase issue in the percussion somewhere... The clap/snare I think... Also, some sparkle here and there would wake it up nicely...

Kewl tune, though...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Massive Master said:
I hate sounding like a typical mastering guy, but the compression should really be through out again...

Technical stuff... Sounds like a phase issue in the percussion somewhere... The clap/snare I think... Also, some sparkle here and there would wake it up nicely...

Kewl tune, though...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

thanks for the feedback but i didn't produce this track..it was up for free download on soundclick months ago

Back