Hip-Hop for the evening, F4F

wakeup89

Hi, check this out, hope you`ll enjoy it. If you got any feedback to provide, it`s much appreciated! Peace!

I liked this. It starts off so sparse with just the piano and beat that it didn't really gel for me until the bass came in...and the bass is awesome. How was that done/captured/sampled?

I enjoyed the slowed down and sped up vocal samples too. I guess this would be considered, uh....chill?

I thought generally things sounded nice. Well balanced everywhere.

I'd get rid of the fake crackly stuff. To me it doesn't enhance anything about the mix.

I'm not sure about the pitch-shifted voice. I'd have to think about that for a while. Is it cool or am I waiting for David Saville to yell "Aaaalvinnnn!!!"? Not sure.

Hey, sorry for answering so late. The bass is done with a Kontrol 49 and a regular bass sample which got a little bit of tweaking.

@TripleM : Thanks for the feedback, I generally enjoy using the crackly stuff in most of my songs cause I really like the sound of it haha.

I liked this also, very nice chill vibe goin on. I enjoyed the fake crackly stuff but it's maybe a lil overkill, maybe consider cutting it once the drums come in or at least bring it down in the mix. I don't mind the pitch-shifted vocals but it would sure be nice to hear some silky smooth real voices in there as well. All in all, well done !

I would say it's a little sparse. The vinyl sim was a bit overkill because of how sparse it was. I would put more samples or a synth in the background or something. I would say add some more samples to the production. Hey OP if you like making music like this you should seriously check out Snakehips, he's really good at chill hip hop remixes. Snakehips - On & On - YouTube

Back