a high energy rock instrumental - "Michael's House (a slight return)"

Very well done, This Rocks! excellent mix. And as you said High Energy, the playing is great , I look forward to hearing more from "Wild Animals" :guitar:

Very well done, This Rocks! excellent mix. And as you said High Energy, the playing is great , I look forward to hearing more from "Wild Animals" :guitar:

hey logic! thanks for checking it out...
glad you dig this one, it's a fun tune.

i've got discs being made now,
and already uploaded at cdbaby for downloads and disc sales...
i'll post a link soon!

So, the first thing I noticed out of the gate is the hi-hat is pretty loud. Very loud. In comparison with the snare (which is probably the most important drum in rock music), I think the hats are actually louder.

I'd bring up the rhythm guitars, too, and add some meat to them. I'd boost the 1.5k by 1 or 2 db on the rhythms...

The bass sounds amazing. The lead guitar sounds great, too. So, yeah... Not bad, but that hihat was just too much. Perhaps the hats would sit better if they had like a 5k shelf cut by like 5 or 6 dB - then you probably wouldn't have to turn them down.

Overall a good jam, though. After getting the mix issues taken care of, and with a bit of mastering this song would sound amazing.

Good work! Thanks for sharing.

So, the first thing I noticed out of the gate is the hi-hat is pretty loud. Very loud. In comparison with the snare (which is probably the most important drum in rock music), I think the hats are actually louder.

I'd bring up the rhythm guitars, too, and add some meat to them. I'd boost the 1.5k by 1 or 2 db on the rhythms...

The bass sounds amazing. The lead guitar sounds great, too. So, yeah... Not bad, but that hihat was just too much. Perhaps the hats would sit better if they had like a 5k shelf cut by like 5 or 6 dB - then you probably wouldn't have to turn them down.

Overall a good jam, though. After getting the mix issues taken care of, and with a bit of mastering this song would sound amazing.

Good work! Thanks for sharing.

hey poetic!
hey, thanks for the suggestions,
but this is a finished product, mastered and finished.
i did post it a couple of months back when it was in demo land,
but now it's cooked exactly how i want it,
so maybe check out the other tunes when i post the links for the discs and downloads,
probably end of next week.

sounds good! I'd like a little more meat on the rhythm guitars, and around 2:12 the lead is a bit thin, but it's TIGHT and very Satch-like. Great arrangement and production!

sounds good! I'd like a little more meat on the rhythm guitars, and around 2:12 the lead is a bit thin, but it's TIGHT and very Satch-like. Great arrangement and production!
hey dood! thanks for the comments...
the vocal version of this song is mixed more like you suggested,
but the rhythms had to take a back seat to the solos for this instrumental...
and that thin lead tone was me experimenting with making that new fuzz pedal cut as much as i could make it,
i think it makes a good difference to the other tones, but was really just kind of an experiment.

cool, I like doing two different lead tones for different solos too but I find it really hard to make complimentary sounds. I'm using Overloud THU and just started the 15-day free trial of the full version. There's SO MANY sounds in there....

oh, and it's hard for me because I hit things with sticks and just do our overdubs so I'm clueless about guitar amp/cab/effect stuff. I'm kind of at the whack-a-mole stage with just trying stuff out.

my playground:
rig-full.jpg
things i've acquired over the years,
so i use everything, at one time or another.
i'm kinda like you, i 'whack-a-mole' as well, setup some weird stuff, just looking for inspiration.

so, as i mentioned before,
i bought a new fuzz, a Barber Exacta, and wanted to run it thru it's paces...
this is the version of that session.

the Exacta has 3 different fuzz circuits in it,
and i used all 3 for the 3 main solo sections.

the first solo, is my favorite tone... the 3rd solo has the thin razor-sharp tone that starts at around 1:32 has my least favorite of the three, but that one has that ripping short lead on it! LOL...

actually, the ripping solo starts at 2:33, and i can't remember which fuzz circuit i used on that one... i think the same as the first.

at that solo, it's a stacked up sound... the fuzz is pushed by fulltone fatboost III, and running thru a budda wah AND a fulltone mini deja vibe...

Back