Hey Mister Bassman?

GT

Bassman,

I would love to hear a bass line on that instrumental I just put under Guitar & Drums. Go there for the link.

I just re-recordeded it tonight, and got what I think is a better take.

It would make my day to have you put a bassline on it.

I should have the improved take at Nowhere tomorow.

This could be fun, let me know.

GT

Nice playing GT...... very pretty...would love to contribute to it..have bass in hand as I type, trying to figure it out... Can you Either post or email me the changes? It will save me the trouble of having to figure it out. bassman@si.rr.com

Bassman

Bassline line done...... Here is the URL

This is a dry track, no EQ, little bit of compression... Let me know what you think..

Bassman

Hey Bassman,

That sounds like it will work just fine.

I promise I will put the improved take at Nowhere tomorrow.

How about you grab it, mix in the bass, and put it back in the clinic.

I will go ahead and do a final eq on my part when I make the mp3, if it sounds wrong let me know.

Is this OK with you?

BTW, I was surprised to see winnamp pop up, everything usually goes to my Musicmatch, what gives?

GT

Bassman,

I uploaded the second take of the song we are working on.

It's title: Instrument. 2, this is the one you can mix your bass to.

Anyone else who wants this song in stereo, with a little more high end, and I think I played it a little tighter.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/rockpop/gt/

BTW does anyone know how to delete songs from Nowhere radio?

GT

GT,

What is your setup? I think it would be better if you added my track to your playing. The other way, you are recording and Encoding it which has losses, the I am converting it to a wave file, Importing it into cake walk, recording and mixing in the bass, and the re-encoding it again to MP3 to ship it back to you. This way will really kill the highs on you parts. Bass parts Encode pretty nicely so there shouldn't too much loss. Also, if you happen to be a High bandwidth Internet user, we could hook up and I can send you the Wav of My bass part.

Let Me know what you want to do. Since you rerecorded the guitar part, I will probably have to replay the Bass part. the sections before and after the drums are kind of in a free time.

Are you a AIM or ICQ user?.. My AIM is bassmanSI134
ICQ# is 123791526

talk to you soon

Bassman,

I have a very modest setup, and I am on dial up. This is why it would be better if you would mix it at your studio.

I would think that if you just took my mp3 and put it on tape, if you have a four track or something and dubbed the bass in, and made another mp3 that would be fine.

I know there will be some loss, but I don't think it will be that bad.

I have a feeling converting from mp3 to wav and back would be a mistake.

Don't overcomplicate, lets keep it simple.

Let me know what you think.

GT

Well my setup isn't exactly Pro...I am using cakewalk PA9 with a Delta 66 interface..I mix on 20/20's..other than that its no frills....lol... Im sure your setup is not much smaller... Ok..well anyway, I really have no choice in converting from the MP3 to a wav file, cakewalk will only allow you to import wav files.

I am happy to mix it for you but do you think it would be possible to give me 2 seperate tracks, one of the guitar part and one of the percussion. Also if you could encode them @256k rather than 128. It will mean a little longer upload time for you, but the quality in the end will be worth it.

I have web space you could upload it to, and I will send you the URL and password via email. I will be emailing it to you shortly.

If all of this is too complicated for your setup, then I can just add my bass to what you have done already. This is a really beautiful sounding piece and I would like to hear it recorded the best way possible.

Bassman

Bassman,

Your last paragraph pretty well summed it up. I have free Music Match, that only goes up to 160 kbps. I am happy with the mix I put at Nowhere, and don't want to push it too far, if you know what I mean.

I have no way of syncing your bass line to what I have done.

I allways record the bass last, it seems best, that's why I thought it would be perfect for you just to dub the bass in on top of what I allready done.

Does changing mp3 to wav and back mess up the sound? If so is there anyway you can do this analog? I was hoping for only second generation mp3. Or how about mixing in the bass while you're making the mp3?

You are more of a perfectionist than I, that's why I love this place, there are all levels of recording and playing skills.

I have faith that your final mix on this will kick ass!!

BTW, when it's done, just post it yourself, just mention that I played the bongo part. Ha Ha Ha!!

GT

Last edited:
Back