Hey guys, new song up

Kinda spooky in spots! I really love the acoustic sound and the drums! The vocals may be a bit on the thin side, but you were proabably going for that etherial sound. I liked it. Great job!!

Nice overall drum sound. I thought the acoustic guitar might be a little bright. A few minor timing issues on the drumming, but I really liked the sound your getting from that kick and snare.

Twist

Thanks for the listen guys... :) Spooky eh? hehe.. Wasn't trying to go for that, but that works. I've been told the vocals are too soft are summin. I dunno, they sound loud enough on my monitors. Too bright on the acoustic twist? Hmmm.. Didn't think about that, that might be the timing thing. The drums and bass are dead on, when I mute the acoustic. It's those clicks that wrestle with the kick. Thanks for the comments. :)

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
Could not connect to server

Yeah man, it was doing that for me earlier today. Guess the site was down, but it's back up now. :D Anybody have any advice for bringing the vocals more up front?

I'm new so don't pay attention

I'm kinda nit-picking the drums because I'm a drummer myself.....I wouldn't have said anything but my wife noticed the same thing to. The song sounds pretty cool but I think the drums are overkill at some parts. Some of the double pops on the bass drum don't sound right at the end of verses. Especially when it pauses before the drums kik in. I would try a single pop on the bass (kinda like some early STP) like a Plush kinda sound.

But the song itself sounds good.....much better sound than I can record. I would love to be able to wail on tha drums but my mikes get all distorted. If ya wouldn't mind, tell me what kinda setup u got to keep'em sounding so clean..........

soundprizm said:
Hey, thanks Joe.. Anybody have any advice on how to get the vocals more up front? Just raise the volume?

Yeah..raise the volume:D , haha, at least thats what I do, but I always get them to "hot" i think. No mixing comments...i'm not qualified. But I do like this. Liked the acoustic tones and drums sounded really good. Bring those vox up...they sound good.

Ledmech - Thanks for the post man... Don't like all the kick eh? hehe.. To me, it makes it sound tight. The way I recorded the drums for this song was 8 mics. The mics aren't that all great either. A Cad NDM-11 on an open kick, Cad NDM-10 on the top of the snare, Sure sm57 on the bottom of the snare, Sm57 on the hi hat, Cad NDM-10 on a rack tom, Audio Technica DR-150 on the floor tom, and 2 sm57's for overheads. All those are going into my Tascam TM-D1000, from there, into my Mixtreme soundcard. I just make sure there aren't any clips going on when I record. Just to get a clean signal. Then I add my compression and reverb, and mix it all in the application after it has been recorded. Thanks again for the reply man, hope that helps ya out with your distortion problem.

David - I did raise the volume on it once already. Could be the monitors I'm mixing on? I'm using Event 20/20's. The volume on the vox seems fine. Dunno :confused: Don't wanna make em too loud.

Back