Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, new song up

Thanks

Hey guys, new song up

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey, been gone away for awhile. Have a new song up, I think I've improved on mixing, but maybe not! hehe.. been listening to the songs being posted. A lot of good stuff. The song is Her Glow at http://www.nowhereradio.com/soundprizm/singles Feel free to rip on me. All replies welcome...

Thanks
    Kinda spooky in spots! I really love the acoustic sound and the drums! The vocals may be a bit on the thin side, but you were proabably going for that etherial sound. I liked it. Great job!!
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

Thanks
    Nice overall drum sound. I thought the acoustic guitar might be a little bright. A few minor timing issues on the drumming, but I really liked the sound your getting from that kick and snare.

Twist

Thanks
    Thanks for the listen guys... Spooky eh? hehe.. Wasn't trying to go for that, but that works. I've been told the vocals are too soft are summin. I dunno, they sound loud enough on my monitors. Too bright on the acoustic twist? Hmmm.. Didn't think about that, that might be the timing thing. The drums and bass are dead on, when I mute the acoustic. It's those clicks that wrestle with the kick. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks
    I liked all, but I'm one of those guys who likes to hear the vocals up front and in your mug.

Nice job

Joe

Thanks
    Hey, thanks Joe.. Anybody have any advice on how to get the vocals more up front? Just raise the volume?

Thanks
    The acoustic sound seems to fit this song really well. Interesting mix with the vocals...

Thanks
    Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
    Could not connect to server

Thanks
    Yeah man, it was doing that for me earlier today. Guess the site was down, but it's back up now. Anybody have any advice for bringing the vocals more up front?

Thanks

Talking I'm new so don't pay attention

I'm kinda nit-picking the drums because I'm a drummer myself.....I wouldn't have said anything but my wife noticed the same thing to. The song sounds pretty cool but I think the drums are overkill at some parts. Some of the double pops on the bass drum don't sound right at the end of verses. Especially when it pauses before the drums kik in. I would try a single pop on the bass (kinda like some early STP) like a Plush kinda sound.

But the song itself sounds good.....much better sound than I can record. I would love to be able to wail on tha drums but my mikes get all distorted. If ya wouldn't mind, tell me what kinda setup u got to keep'em sounding so clean..........

Thread Information