Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hey guys. I'd like your opinion of this song

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Joro is right-the other 2 songs are downloadable, but Sinistry is not & the buffering is taking forever

Originally posted by Sydfan
    I think I should pick up a book, because there are a lot of things I need to learn. Thanks!!
    There's a lot you can learn here on this board.

I like the song, but the vocals are overpowering everything else. The tone on the rhythm guitars is muddy & the bass seems thin. Do like mixmkr said & mess around with the eq & levels a bit.

Thanks
    Sydfan, the mix lacks definition. Someone had already said about a second or third generation analog sound, I agree but am unable to give any advice. I don't really think a few digital bounces should reduce quality as much as what I'm hearing.

The overall tune, great job! Nice piece of work. Well written (nailed all the harmonies). Everything good.

Good

Joe

Thanks
    pretty good man!

it's not the style of music i would listen to, but the song is well written, catchy and definitely well played. i can't comment on the mix, because i don't know anything. haha! keep up the good work!

peace
    joe
    *sob

Thanks

Thumbs up

very co0l tune!! enjoyed it. I agree with everything that has been said, add more bottom, add more high's. mixmkr is right, everything seems to be sitting in the mid area. I'm struggling with this myself. Your a real good singer, man! lovin the voice, sound's pretty effortless. BASTARD!

Please post a remix, i would love to hear the difference with everyone's suggestion's. it would benefit me tremendously!!!

Thank's man!

Peace

Rick

Thanks

Thumbs up

Nice tight group. Well thought out.

I'll echo that the drums sound way brighter than the rest of the mix. I also thought I heard artifacts in the voc harmonies - or did you fkange them? Something anyhow. Might be my speakers' fault. Lead singer missed his high note around 1:20.

I'd probably do something different when it breaks down to the 2 git solos - add a rhythm instrument, dirty up the bass, busy up the bass, etc.

Still, nicely played and arranged. Good solo work. Mainly I'd brighten up the sound, and fatten it up around the leads. And retake that one high note - he (you?) hit the rest of 'em...

Thread Information