And here's some reggae

Sorry the link to artistlaunch is dea & the links to stream are useless to me because i get an error message that windows media player can't play the file.
Cheers
rayC

Unfortunatly the AL server went down just after I posted this... Should be up again soon, please try again later. Sorry for any inconvenience

- Ulli -

"Enjoy!" !!!! ME LIKE!!.......a finished piece! Respect!

I have a QUESTION though.....classic arrangements here.....

it sounds like the chorus i going over the same key (E-minor?) straight through, verse is D/E-minor right?, Why why why?, me not like.....i would have accentuated maybe the bass to lean on say E/A on the chorus, to play off against all the other instruments playing those fused abstract chords....it sounds like it's supposed to!

On the whole, well produced.....a little too commercial for my personal taste. Hope you do well with this!

Something UB40 would give their foreskins to have.
Is that a real bass? Sounds very sub & synth like. Sly & Robbie would wag a finger.
The drums are really good.
Nice work all round.
My tastes for reggae are a little away from this (saw marley 2 nights in a row in 76 or 77 can't quite recall - too much dope smoke in the hall/) but thsi is smooth lovers rock to be proud of.
Cheers
rayc
Oh, no comment re mix, playing etc. It all sits very nicely indeed - all I'd suggest would be a little dub M8 maybe.

Hey, thanks a lot :)

The verse is over Bm and Em (but Bm is nearly the same D major), anyway, can't tell you any reason why it turned out to be those chords, it was just there in my head and I recorded them ;)

- Ulli -

Though I'm a bass player I used a synth bass this time (liked the sound, but that's a matter of taste). But of course I play it on a real bass, when performing this song with the band ;)

And BTW: It's no love song :D It's just about a smile infecting people who saw it, like a baton change ;)

Cheers

- Ulli -

Ulli,
I meant the rhythm was lover's rock.
I'm a bass player as well - hence me noticing maybe.
I thought, but didn't write, that it might be useful to record a real bass as well, bypass filter it leaving just the toppy bits & mix that in. It does miss a little of the string sound.
As I said - UB40 would forgo foreskins to put this out as a single.
Cheers
rayC
PS when I & I re listen I'll key into the lyrics.

rayc said:
I thought, but didn't write, that it might be useful to record a real bass as well, bypass filter it leaving just the toppy bits & mix that in. It does miss a little of the string sound.

Yeah, that might be, I liked the sysnth sound more, though I was thinking about it too. Not so much because of the sound but because of the feeling. It grooves much more with a real played bass than with a programmed one, but anyway ;) I have currently 2 more reggae tunes in the queue and I'll start think about that again when it comes to final recordings ;)

Cheers

- Ulli -

Back