Here's A Few To Listen To

Singking

Here's a few tunes to listen to.

http://www.chemistryrecording.com/6_music.html

Farmhouse is a Phish Cover that was recorded at Chemistry with all instrumentals at once - Drum Kit (8 Mics) Bass - Direct - Keys- Direct - Guitars - Direct -.

Let me know what you think.

City Life was sent from our friend Ian Marks on the West Coast - We added the percussion tracks (17 tracks)

Welcome to the comment

I listened to the "percussion" version of City Lights.

I thought the singer has a nice voice. Nice smooth harmonies.

My first impression that the mix could use a little more low end up to the low mids. It needs some "general warmness" added.

Cool reverb on that lead guit. The real long decays worked well I thought. Now watch - everyone else will write that they hated it. :)

Something very weird with the panning at :57 and again at 2:14. Nearly the entire mix seems to shift to the left side. Another small instance or two of this elsewhere.

My thoughts anyway...

TripleM said:

Something very weird with the panning at :57 and again at 2:14. Nearly the entire mix seems to shift to the left side. Another small instance or two of this elsewhere.

i heard the same. weird.

liked it anyway. thought the percussion was a little too forward in the mix overall.

nice guitar playing.

checking out your website i found it odd that you have a live stage as part of your studio.

nice website though.

Panning is Weird

Thanks for the comments - The percussion in the mix is more forward because the customer was the percussionist, I had a really nice balanced mix, but you know - the all about me syndrome!

The panning thing is weird - can't really track that down, may be a web thing - fortunately, it is not like that on the master.

Bob

Back