Thread: here ya go, a new mix needing opinions

Thanks

here ya go, a new mix needing opinions

Sign in to disable this ad
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=5087134

here is a song i just re-recorded. i'm just looking for opinions on the mix and whether it needs anything else or has too much of anything. pretty much just looking for an extra set of ears. the mixdown has a bit of compression to tame it, just let me know if it sounds like too much. sometimes i kindof feel like the drums are pushed into the background too. just let me know what you all think.
    Last edited by a27thletter; 06-15-2007 at 15:29. Reason: wrong link
    www.myspace.com/comfortinyesterday

Thanks
    The overall mix is nice and fat and clean. Compressor doesn't seem to have any adverse affect on the mix. On headphones, there's a guitar on the left side that could use some balance on the right. I would add another similar part on the right. It's a well written song too

Thanks
    hey, thanks! i went and did a little re-mixing on it, took the vocals down just a tad and added a bit of reverb to the master track, i personally think it sounds better with the vocals mixed down a bit, they tended to dominate the mix on my home stereo. check it out and see if it sounds any better. the link is still the same, i just updated the file. you can also hear it here>

myspace.com/comfortinyesterday

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a27thletter
    hey, thanks! i went and did a little re-mixing on it, took the vocals down just a tad and added a bit of reverb to the master track, i personally think it sounds better with the vocals mixed down a bit, they tended to dominate the mix on my home stereo. check it out and see if it sounds any better. the link is still the same, i just updated the file. you can also hear it here>

myspace.com/comfortinyesterday
    Just listened to the remix.... Vocals sit well in the mix - still nicely out front where I like them ..... The mix has changed a bit now.... although the guitar settings may be the same, reducing the vocals may have made the difference.
    The main rhythm guitar seems to dominate a bit and has a bit of a bite on the high end - mainly noticeable on the higher strings. It doesn't always come through that way - on the quieter strumming parts its sounds okay. It's a nice sounding axe though, but maybe a little smoothing out... Enjoyed listening to this again....

Thanks
    final remix, i promise, haha. i think i'm finally settled with this mix, the link is the same but i updated it again, give it a listen and see what you think.

Thread Information