Here we go!

jamiecer

I've given a bit of advice on this site and just thought I should let people here what I do. This is an artist that I recorded in my home studio (read guest room) his name is Christopher Tucker. He is really into bands like Radiohead, Oasis, Ride, ect . . . Well. Here goes nothing. Check out greatestthing.mp3 at this link :

http://people.we.mediaone.net/jamiecer/

I am very interested in getting some feedback.

Thanks,
j.

I'm no radiohead or oasis fan...don't hate 'em...just not into their posing....this tune I liked a lot....In my opinion the percussion was way too up front, though...tended to drown out all the little extra sounds floating about...the vocals were very very well recorded...bass could have been lower eq'd to my taste and less up front as well....what did you use to mic vocals and acoustic guitar?....both sounded great...electric guitar sounded as if it was recorded direct in a couple of places,when there were no effects on it... maybe my ears, but tone-wise didn't do much for me...I listened to this song twice, and liked it even better second time around...vocalist has really good phrasing, very much like oasis's little brother singer....better, actually...more control.....gibs

Thanks for the review

Thanks for the review of the song. You were right on the electric gtrs.. all of them were recorded direct into protools. There was I think 6 electric tracks. All of them were processed with line 6's amp farm plugin or bomb factories sans amp plug in. The two acoustic tracks were recorded with a Sure 57. I am very fortunate to live in LA where I can rent anything I want when it comes to recording. I was able to rent a Neumann U47 for the Vocals. I ran that into my Avalon M5 micpre then straight into protools. I then made a vocal comp, pitched the vocals with auto tune and mixed it in my guest room.
j

Really nice job! I happen to like upfront bass (hey, I'm a bass player)...

Going to send this to my 19-year old nephew, who is an Oasis fanatic...he'll enjoy it!

Thanks...BobO

Back