Help with my mixes needed

NL5

Unpossible!
Would somebody listen too these two versions of the same song and tell me which sounds better? They are somewhat similiar, but different. Please take into account that one is slightly louder.

These are part of the public mix contest, but I really need to know what is what with my monitoring chain.

Thanks in advance!

NL5

Definitely the first one - much crisper, and seems to have more dynamics, it really shows off the energy in the song.

It seems I was down there for a minute....if you get a chance, try again.

Thanks,

NL5

I like the first mix better - it's more balanced...it has more midrange AND more ass. Personally, I don't think there's enough low end in either mix, but mine totally sucked, sooooooo...lol; good luck.

Thanks Chris.

I agree with you, but every time I tried to bring up the bass, it fought with the kick too much. They are outta sync quite a bit in a lot of places.

The first one sounds better to me on my computer speakers (which are pretty good as far as computer speakers go), but the second one sounds better on my V8's. Interesting.

NL5 said:
Thanks Chris.

I agree with you, but every time I tried to bring up the bass, it fought with the kick too much.
You can get a little more mileage out of the bass if you notch it down a bit between 65Hz and 85Hz...make a bit of room for the kick. Then, if you're not hearing the bass enough, bump it up at 500Hz and @ 1K. These adjustments should allow you to turn up the bass and hear it better than just turning it up alone would do.

Back