Help me with a problem, pleae

88fingers

Hey,
I recorded my band playing a few days ago, hoping to enter the recording into a local Battle of the Bands contest. However, there is a terrible buzzing that I can't get rid of. I recorded everything thru a 6-channel PA, and then used the line out to go directly into my computer and used Cool Edit Pro. I did several songs, and this one song is the only one that has the buzz that I can tell. I know the over-all recording quality is not that great (hey, it's my first recording), but I just want to get rid of the buzz. Can someone download the song and listen to it - specifically from 0:20 to about 1:09 - and help me figure out what the buzzing is? The song is currently being hosted on my angelfire.crap page.

Here's a direct link:

Here's a link to the page, if that doesn't work:

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/daggerhart/paradigm.html

Thanks!
-FF

You could try taking this recording and have your drummer listen to it with the headphones and play into the board while you record a single track of drums into Cool edit pro.

Then go in and record everything else on their own traks.

Then you start to have some mix control over the sound.

Then you are starting to learn about production.

Good Luck and have fun..........

Umm... I know how to multitrack, but we just wanted to do it live... live recordings sound more like a band playing.... I was just wondering if there's anyway to EQ out things like amp buzzing and such. I tried all the various Cool Edit Pro noise reductions and such, but couldn't get anything to work.

Back