Help me with my mixes

I like this tune. The drums may be just a smidge off in one or two places, but the rhythm guitar sounds pretty good.

The one thing I would suggest is that you make the lead guitar much brighter, especially during the solo: decrease the low end, raise the high (and maybe mid), maybe put some chorus on it, try some different virtual amps/cabinets, put a little delay on it, etc. The guitar solo sounds very dull and muddy right now, but if you brighten it up it could be a sparkling jewel. Same for the dual leads at the end: make them shine more brightly.

Hope this helps!

I thought the playing was great.

Guitar tone was decent, but the lack of chug gave away that they were a sim.

I know the mix is supposed to feature the guitars, but they are waaaay out in front of everything else.

I like the guitar tone, sounds very much like Glen Drover's tone on his early Eidolon stuff which I loved. The biggest weak spot for me is the drums, I'm assuming they're programmed or using a built-in drummer from whatever DAW you're using?

The guitar lead/rythm mix sounds great, the bass and drums sound like they were bolted on after the fact and they are farily muddy (to me...listening on my KRK KNS-8400 which are notoriously bassy)

I think a multiband compressor or sonic enhancer, especially for that style would brighten it up over all and make it explode.

Great guitar work by the way!

I don't know much about mixing either. I dig the guitar tone. Clean playing, mate. I agree that the guitar could be a little brighter and would be cool to see you play with some delay.

Thanks for the tips guys, the drums are made with superior drummer 2, it's true that they are left way in the back.. The solo has delay, but I didn't want to muddy up the guitar, so I added an aggressive sidechain compresor to it. Perhaps that is why it's not that present

Sounds pretty good with the one ear I have working. Ear infection. Just posting so I can return later with two ears. :)

Back