Hello Everyone

sourdave75

hey everybody...this is such a great site...this is my first post, mainly because all of my questions have been answered just by reading through the forums...this song is from a band that i am working with...recorded dry onto a korg d1600-uploaded into Sonar4 PE...i think its near completion, but i'd like to get some feedback from some other people than the main channels that i use

this song is in the heavy metal genre and may have a few profanities somewhere in the vocals...if you can understand them...i'd appreciate any help in eq, level, etc...i'm not totally happy with the kicks, so if you've got any ideas, please pass them along

anyway, here's the link

http://www.songramp.com/homepage.ez?Who=sourdave75

Wholly shit, man. When I am here reviewing, I have try to listen to the mix not the style or song, but defacto the line inevitably get crossed. Nonetheless, purely on sound, that is impressive. Impressive to the point that I wondered if you were posting from an obscure band that has already recorded the song in a large studio. Don't know your studio size, but it sounds like a "big" studio. Very impressive all the way around imo.

Wow that's some kickin' bass drum playin' - double kick .....
Not much to say about this - it's a great mix, good writing and the performance is top notch. Excellent :D

wow

man...i wasnt expecting such a fast response...and thanks for the kind words...i've put alot of time into this cd...its either gonna break me, or make me...lol... actually, this song is the 21st version of this song...thats how many times its been re-this/re-that, mainly because it's being mixed in not the best environment, in my back bedroom in my house..i'm how you say.."in between studios" at the moment, i have very little sonic treatment up and this cd is kickin my ass because of it...lol...but alas, just these two reply's have given me hope and strength to carry on

thanks

dave

ps...if anyone thinks anything needs to change please dont hesitate to tell me...like i said...this is either gonna make me, or break me, so i need it to sound as good as i can get it

Dave, loved it! Phenomenal playing, and an extremely cool song. I'd like a little louder snare, but that's just me.

Hideous playing, god awfull production, lousy timing but hey enough about my stuff! Aboslutely incredible for a home produced "ditty". Well impressed. Can you come round and remove MY acoustic treatment please :D

I have no critisism at all. Love it.

Cheers
Dee

Back