Heavy and strange. Really strange

Music sounds pretty good & tight. The vocals need to come up IMHO and be a little stronger. They sound a little wimpy to me for this kind of music (this isn't the kind of music I usually listen too so take that with a grain of salt). I think the singer needs to get some proximity effect with the mic if possible for the growling vocal parts. I've also heard some others talk about adding some distortion to the voice with those kind of vocals. I wouldn't know because I try to keep mine as clean as possible :D

Nice work.

Hey Hang Dawg,

Some tight vocal effect production!!

Nice git grind. Sound to me like a very solid overall mix of an interesting tune. Some really nice elements.

Peace,
Theron.

P.S.
I know I was suppose to give a try at some lyrics for you a long time ago. I've not forgotten. My comp died and so did my fire due to work. I've built a new comp and quit my job so's maybe we can give it another try

:) :D :o

I think it might of even been this song:D Yep, we will have to do another one. I have a couple others. Not quite ready yet. They will probably be kinda similar music wise.

Nice man! what did u use on the vocal to get that electro sound? how did you record the guitar? the only thing is that the snare could come down a little. where the drums real? nice sounds....

keep up the good work :D

ZEKE

"I will make your hair turn gray!"

Thanks guys.

I think the vox need to come up a little too.

Zeke!

A couple of the vocal parts had a flanger on them, and the chorus had, yup....... some chorus:D Other than that they were doubled. Not copied either or done with an effect.

The guitar was an American strat - Mesa Boogie Dual Recto - 4x12 Celestion - sm57

Snare come down?:D Really, I loved the snare. Actually spent alot of time to get that snare sound. Yes they are real drums. The only real problem is they were played by me. I'm a guitar player of 25 years and a drummer of about 2 months.

Cool harmonies. I mean really cool. Nice chorus. Nice guitar playing during the lead.

You could probably bring the vox up just a nudge.

Good song.

The drums was real? they sounded great. And by saying "turn the snare down" i did not mean that i did not like it, i loved it. i just thought that it mype be too much up front, but i don't really matter. can u tell me how you got that snare sound? tell me everything! tuning,eq,compression,mic,placement.....get the picture?:cool:

thanks

Zeke

Ya know Zeke, I think you're right. The snare is a little loud. I'll get you those details on tracking the snare tomorrow. I didn't get out to the studio tonight. I know, I'm a slacker. All I can tell you right now is

It's a Pearl chrome snare, I think 6.5" deep

Remo pinstripe head cranked pretty damn tight
I think I followed proper tuning procedures

The extreme ring is tamed by none other than..............
MOONGEL:D about 1" in from the rim

Mic was sm57 on a boom stand. None of those freakin clamp on devices. Position was 2" from the head at about a 40 degree angle pointing at drummer's(my) crotch. I know that sounds sick but it's true:D

This was run into my crappy Alesis mixer with the direct out into delta 1010. Nothin fancy

The rest of the stuff will have to wait till tomorrow.

Kinda has an AIC vibe to it. Note choice is cool.

Guitar solos need to be more up front. Chop some low mids off that snare and it'll sit in the mix better. Cymbals could use a little more sheen.

I dig the oddball vocal stuff.

Cool tune, dude!:cool:

Back