Heavy Metal/Rock song titled "Pushing Me"

monkeymanx

My Soundcllick Page

This one is called "Pushing Me". It has quite a bit going on in the song as do most of the songs I record. It's about a couple people I've listened to lie and lie and lie and lie and lie... It's funny when you compare their stories with other friends, it's almost entertaining.

Well, pretty cool right off the bat man...Nice tones. At times the vocals are a little hard to understand..not a volume issue, but a clash with some guitar tones. They seem to run together a bit. Other than that, I like how this has come out...Nice and Heavy. :cool:

Cool man. I like your voice and the verb you have on it, but as Dogman said, slighty hard to understand. I'd try keeping the verb settings and try messing with more EQ or panning separation.
Nice guitar tones and synth fits great IMO. Verses rock too. Cool track, sounds like just needs a slight vocal adjustment. Maybe a little more volume on the solo too, rhythm kind of dominates there. :cool:

The song sounds really cool. And the mix sounds pretty good. I'd recommend only one thing and that's to EQ the guitar down by a couple of dbs around 3kHz and EQ the vox up in that range. :)

That might make the vox more clear.

The guitars sound really heavy and cool. The drums sounds really nice.

The keys in the back are a cool addition. The solo is nicely done. :) The squeals sound nice.

Listening to it again, I did notice the solo wasn't cutting through like it should be. Also, I think the vox are actually getting messed with via the DeEsser, maybe some tweaking on that should take care of it. I think I'm going to put a bit more mid range in the heavy guitars, right now it is a pretty deep cut I use on them. I was also thinking about adding just a bit of pressance in the guitar around 7khz and probably, like big bubba said, taking the 3khz down 1db or so.

I was also thinking of not hard panning the guitars, but doing a 80% pan or something. Also was thinking about panning the toms...

I'm still not sure if I like the artificial doubler I'm using on the tracks where it is just one of me.

monkeymanx said:
Listening to it again, I did notice the solo wasn't cutting through like it should be. Also, I think the vox are actually getting messed with via the DeEsser, maybe some tweaking on that should take care of it. I think I'm going to put a bit more mid range in the heavy guitars, right now it is a pretty deep cut I use on them. I was also thinking about adding just a bit of pressance in the guitar around 7khz and probably, like big bubba said, taking the 3khz down 1db or so.

I was also thinking of not hard panning the guitars, but doing a 80% pan or something. Also was thinking about panning the toms...

I'm still not sure if I like the artificial doubler I'm using on the tracks where it is just one of me.
What is the doubler you are using?

The Waves one. I do find it is better than copying the vocal track and putting a slight delay on it though. It has some good features, like the finetuning and being able to have is oscalate(I think thats the word) the finetuning. It's actually good though.

I keep holding myself back from buying the Voiceworks and I've been doing my harmonies naturally. The Voiceworks had a pretty good thickening effect and double track effect.

Brutally loud.
the voice is clear & understandable but it doesn't sit with the rest - nor does the kick click.
Good song & recording though the guitars are a bit generic in tone.
The bass could use a tiny bit of definition.
Good work.

Back