Heavy enough?

Creepy

Progressing right along with mixing this CD. Yesterdays effort.

Short blurb.

Opinions?

To those that responded to my other thread. Thanks. We remixed the song anyway. :D

Creepy

THIS IS METAL!!!!
Great guitar sounds...what happened, my fist is in the air and the friggin song fades to nothing...BRING IT BACK!!!! More Drums thats all I can say...bring their level up just a hair and give me back the whole song!!!

Flash before my eyes, now its time to die....
The King

BALZ2DA WALZ! :cool:

Very cool, kick ass thing you got going... The mix is done well (panning, reverb)... the quiet part is the most interesting, mixwise. Guitars sound awesome. That said, during the HEAVY loud part, the 2kHz octave is very exaggerated in the mix... possibly on the order of 3-4db. This is due to a build-up of instruments, not because of a failure to record any one instrument properly IMHO.

I wouldn't say anything if it weren't of the GRATING quality to the ears, but have a listen with those mids around 2 - 2.5kHz tamed by a few db (using a medium Q setting). The voice has the same hyped mids to it, as well.

Otherwise very well done... the only other things I'm leary of is your slight similarity to Linkin Park (whom I despise :p) and the shortness of the song. But actually, this is much more original than Linkin Park... so I believe speaking for all here that we'd LOVE TO HEAR THE FINISHED SONG :)

Good luck :cool:

Chad

Nice guitars. I didn't care for the vocal to be honest. Was craving something a bit more creative after hearing the guitars.

Oh, it's partial. I don't think anyone will be stealing it here...

Anyway, nice gits.

I'd agree with participant about the midrange energy. You had some effect going on with the vocals that I personally didn't think necessary. It sounds to me like you have the voice to get a good vocal track done however.

I'm listening on small headphones, so take this with a grain of salt... But it seems that a song like this would really stand up strong with a real punchy bass. The bass line you played was just fine. I think if it had a bit of a boost at 500-600hz it might sound better. I wonder if participant has any ideas there - his ears came with a built-in spectrum analyzer. The overall level of the bass could be raised too.

I think you have the start of a pretty kick butt song.

Ditto on the mids....really harsh sounding. Good playing though and I like the bass sound a lot. The energy level's there for sure and I like the vocals but not the sound.

Drums sound great. Guitars sound great. The initial width and balance before the vocals kick in is totally pro. The vocals need more compression. Theyre more dynamic than necessary especially for this genre and it makes them sound small. They could use some top end bet 7k-12k and some doubling to give them some width. Also some discreet reverb with no trails for some space and openess.

you really have something here man. what a great song!!!
please post the whole thing. i want to be able to hear this any time i want........SO GET BUSY!!!!!!!

peace

rick

Hey Creepy....
Nice song man. ....and yet another ditto regarding the mids. I like the tones of the instruments, just a bit harsh imo. I like the bass tone in the verses. Nice song. g

I won't comment on the mids and whatnot,'cause my speakers are far to shitty!Generally,I liked prettymuch everything about it,other than the fact that I couldn't listen to the whole song.
Are the drums real?If not,they sound it!Guitars were very nice,and the vocal sounded fine to me!
Heavy enough?It'll certainly do!

the waves come crashing down on me. THat is a beautiful melody line.

It sounds good to me at lower than ideal listening levels. The instruments sound huge to me, but I think the vocal is too low and too separate.

Nice, energetic, muscial effort.

Funk on!

gtr sound = 9
singing = 6

I coulda' afforded a complete listen, however...ya know.... unless it's one of those 7 min, same riff doo-dad...

high marks from mixmkr...well deserved.

the guitars definately deserve a 9...and, on my stereo i had no problems with the drums etc, i thought it sounded great.

but, i would heed those comments on the mid range activity.

vocally...didn't seem passionate enough. def. like linkin park...i don't really mind them, i think that guy sounds like he means it though, which is cool..

this just kinda sounds like the vocals are there.

crashing short-

crashing short-
very interesting opening.......
then the vocal comes in very low..... it's just a little undermixed at the very first line....
by the time it gets to the bridge/chorus, it's fine......
cool guitar effects....... deep atmospheric.......
bass is a little weak mix wise.......
good tight drums............ hey wait a minute, too short!!!

Sounds pretty cool. The vocals could use a little more beef. You might try compressing the hell out of 'em or some Alice In Chains type of doubling. The bass guitar could use a little more balls. Kick ass guitars.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Sorry I haven't been here lately to say that sooner, but better late than never eh? :)

We will see just how it all turns out after tomorrow when it is taken in for mastering (in a real mastering house none the less). The mix seems to change sometimes in very pleasing unexpected ways with a good dose of analog processing. Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best. I will post a before and after FULL version of this song after mastering.

Creepy

Is this AOR? Bring in the HEAVY guitars dude... what's that thin sounding thing hidden in the verses.. oh it's a BASS guitar....

This sounds just like when a dork called sonusman tries to mix heavy music...

:o :D :cool:

Well, here is the full version post mastered.

Again thanks for the responses. Meshuggah, I take that a compliment that you would compare my mix to a mix done by sonusman.

Creepy

Back