"Heart of Gold" acoustic duo version

I sounds slow to me - but I don't have the original to compare to here......
It sounds the slowest at the beginning. The vocals sound a hair low compared to the guitar - but with two mics you're doing well picking up the whole soundscape. Harp sound is great, guitars sound like they have huge strings on them (fat tone)... Excellent intonation on the vocals, and although I am a big Neil fan, you've done the tune proud.....

:):D:):D

I sounds slow to me - but I don't have the original to compare to here......
It sounds the slowest at the beginning. The vocals sound a hair low compared to the guitar - but with two mics you're doing well picking up the whole soundscape. Harp sound is great, guitars sound like they have huge strings on them (fat tone)... Excellent intonation on the vocals, and although I am a big Neil fan, you've done the tune proud.....

:):D:):D

Thanks much. Yeah the vocals are a bit quiet; we made them louder on "Jolene" (maybe a bit too loud?) by raising the mics higher and scooting in just a bit.

Our version is definitely slower than Neil's; you're right about that. That wasn't really intentional. It just kind of happened that way once my wife started singing it.

Thanks for listening. :)

That wasn't really intentional. It just kind of happened that way once my wife started singing it.

Sure, Blame the wife:)

Sounds really nice, i probably wouldn't have guessed it was a Live recording if you haven't said it.

Man, please tell your wife that I love her voice. Beautiful. As I said in my comment about "Jolene," you guys really harmonize together well. I will most definitely be listening to this cover again. Record some more!

Nice guitar and harp sounds at the start....really captured that well. Nice vocals....she does have a nice voice. Nice job on this. :cool:

Man, please tell your wife that I love her voice. Beautiful. As I said in my comment about "Jolene," you guys really harmonize together well. I will most definitely be listening to this cover again. Record some more!

Thanks for the compliments. We will be recording some more soon.

And I'm glad you pointed it out about my wife's voice. I agree completely, but she tends not to believe me! :)

polska_77 said:
Sure, Blame the wife

Sounds really nice, i probably wouldn't have guessed it was a Live recording if you haven't said it.

"Blame the wife" .... I like it. I envision a new United Men Movement around that expression. "UMM ... Blame the wife!" :)

Thanks for the listen.

Nice guitar and harp sounds at the start....really captured that well. Nice vocals....she does have a nice voice. Nice job on this. :cool:

Thanks! I hadn't played harp for about 6 or 7 years before we did this tune, and it's gotten me a little excited about it again.

To me, there's nothing significantly wrong with the recording quality to take away from this. Tiny things here or there, but. . .

I love this. Two thumbs way up. I've been listenin to this over n over.

Great performance also. Guitar sounds legit Niel, singing is spot on, and Harmonica sounds perfect to me.

Nice. Guitars sounds real good. The male harmony part could be a little louder. The stereo spread could maybe be a little wider - not sure about that, since the instrumentation is pretty sparse, but I think you could widen it a bit.

All in all, very nice. Good work.

Sounds nice...but I'd like to hear the bloke singing something other than falsetto. The lady has that covered. Your acoustics sound pretty good.

Must be nice to sing with your wife/ partner like that down in your basement.

I love the acoustic guitar tones you have captured. I would like to hear a slightly wider panning of the guitars as dachay2tnr mentioned. Nice voice your wife has there!
The harp sounds great as well!
Good job! :)

Thanks for the comments y'all.

One of the reasons I didn't pan the guitars wider is because we only used two mics when recording this. So, one mic was picking up my guitar and vocals, and the other mic was picking up my wife's guitar and vocals. In other words, if I pan wider, then it'll put the lead vocal out wider as well.

I experimented with doing this a bit in the beginning, but it started to sound a little lopsided to me.

That really sounds cool, your wifes voice sounds very nice and very pleasant to listen to.
Nice sounding song together overall, gonna have to have a listen to the rest of them :)

Thanks for the comments y'all.

One of the reasons I didn't pan the guitars wider is because we only used two mics when recording this. So, one mic was picking up my guitar and vocals, and the other mic was picking up my wife's guitar and vocals. In other words, if I pan wider, then it'll put the lead vocal out wider as well.

I experimented with doing this a bit in the beginning, but it started to sound a little lopsided to me.

Ah.....I see! :) Time to get a few more mics! :p :) Nice work once again!

Awesome acoustic sounds and lead vox - maybe bring them up a little. I agree with Smaltonian - bring up the harmony. Haven't listened to your others though. Throw in some bass and drums ;)

Back