Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This Has To Ship Monday!!!!

Thanks

This Has To Ship Monday!!!!

Sign in to disable this ad
    ....so i sent these tracks to chris cause i posess no mixing skills or a desire to aquire them..and he has a way better handle on this than i do.. hopefully he didnt muck it up too much with his"gayness"...well you tell me.....

and chad (participant)..was cool enough to send me a wicked drum track..chris used mp3's for the drums for this test since I just got the CD from PartyPants...lmao...DON'T WORRY CHAD, THE .WAV FILES WILL BE IN TEXAS TODAY!! (thanx for the FedEx, btw)

....and guernica offered to do the bass..so this bass track tht chris did will be replaced when i get his...*AHEM* - DONE YET?

so...i posted a rough version of this but it sucked and this is WAAAAY better...LOL.

Please hlep.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/mynewhead/singles

LAST HURRAH...

THANKS
    jamal
    Last edited by Jamal Bucket; 01-18-2003 at 03:01.

Thanks

Cool

There is a very strange phased quality to the vocal.......... excessive sibilance too - sounds like significant overuse of EQ....

Drums are buried in the mix....

Bass is mushy-sounding - needs more definition.....

Guitar solo needs to come out more - and fix the timing mistakes and bum notes.....

The second vocal during the chorus sticks out kind of strangely - you can do better blending it with the main vocal.

Other than that, not too bad.....!
    [size=1][b]bruce valeriani
    [url=http://www.bluebearsound.com/articles]recording articles[/url][/b]

[url=http://www.bluebearsound.com][img]http://www.bluebearsound.com/images/bb_siglogo.jpg[/img][/url][/size]

Thanks
    Killer tune. Very good. The vocal is sibalant. If you can, de-ess it. The lead needs to come up a little. Outstanding backing vox my friend. Other than that it sounds great to me.

Thanks
    heya--I like the arrangement changes you've made to this-Nice piano during the second verse-Real good tune and strong vocal performance.
    As far as the mix-I heard a few things that bothered me-It sounds like the opening vocal is chorused-kind of taking the natural high end off the voice--The vocal seems to drop in volume when the music kicks in-you might wanna ride it some--The guitar riff is kinda low when it first starts...Is that chorus on the drums-the high end sounds funky-when i cranked up the high eq on my player-the sound came to life a bit-but the vocs-were kinda sibilant. I like the talking bits at the end-I could hear em both but couldnt understand either lol-but I like that-drew me into the mix--That key part during the second verse is a cool part but the sound is kinda muffled and its mixed a touch too loud-I like when you hit that low note "E" maybe? that contrasts with the key part-I would work that into a part of its own. Hmm the guitar solo...I like the way it starts and the harmony sections-but the fast bits-sounda kinda wanka wanka to me...Some of the background vocals seem to be sticking out in places.
    I know that sounds like alot-but I listened to this for an hour and took notes etc. 'cause I really like the tune.
    "Hey man, am I drivin ok?" "You're stopped man"

Thanks
    Who gets a big hurah? Jamal does! Jamal gets a big hurah! Let's have everybody give Jamal a big hurah! HURAH! HURAH!!!

Kick ass job, J.B. I even dig C.H.'s drum track. Very nice cymbal swells. The piano is a great touch. Maybe a little more definition? I love that scream right before the guitar solo. That was most excellent kick ass. And before I retire, let's give one last HURAH!!!!
    *My Karma ran over my Dogma!*

Thanks
    First off, forget the music for a second. You are one of my favorite writers on this forum and I always look forward to your work. As usual you did not disappoint me. How many guitar tracks are on here because I like the layered sound you got going. I liked the effect on the intro vocals contrary to what others have said...does that mean I dont know what the hell I am talking about??? This thing would SELL!!! The only problem is radio is so F****d up right now that it is brainwashing the youth into believing that you dont need to have any musical talent to be BIG.
    Praise the Lord!!!
    Mike

Thanks
    Great job on the second version of this tune man.Did you mix this or Chris?The mix is a million times better than the first mix.It was a good song right out of the gate but now it's taking shape into a good recording.The background vocal work is KILLER!

You've came a long way since the first mix of this tune.It's becoming a really good tune and recording.You write some excellent hooks in your tunes.

Good job jamal.

Thanks
    Sounds killer. Great song Jamal. At this point any changes are just a matter of preference.

Thanks
    Nice tunage....I think the Bear covered all the mixing points.
    I like the vocals...the way they build on each other....very cool. It does need some work on the mix though..Chris? CHRIS?

Thanks
    whew, like the song but the high sibilance on the vocals is killing me.

Thread Information