Harmony

Thanks for resurrecting this from page 2 man.....

I guess I just don't spend enough time in the clinic....

Thanks for the advice...
I wanted to keep it dry due to the fact that I was planning on adding more tracks....

I added bass and Pan-flute...
my bass line sucks....so it's low in the mix...I am hoping someone I know will do better than I can....

got some helpful knowledge concerning compression too (thanks Mr. Harris... )

*sigh*.....
here I am......
tear me a new one....

Joe

Thats a nice little tune man. The guitar sounds good, its recorded well and no noise. I like those Rode's yall are using. The the flute gives it a really nice feel. The bass line idea is interesting, and the tone is good but it doesnt sound quite like a bass player might think while he played it, to me. If you send me, or post a wav I`ll be happy to see if I can do something on it, my playing abilities are limited but I like the tune a lot. It kinda makes me think of Capaldi and Winwood.

The bas tone is rich and deep but I'm with Toki here. The bassline is not really 'in' on certain passages. It sounds great loud like this but it needs to be more active and harmonicly coherent.

Neat folkey sound there!

hey guys,
Thanks....

yup...I suck at bass for sure...

Toki man...I sent you a PM....

Aloha :D

Joe

joro, the Taylor sounds great, and I really like the flute thing. this is a keeper for sure. track on.

Hey erichenryus.....
Thanks for trying man....

*sigh*

Hey Dan...glad you liked it man....
Yeah...the Taylor is sweet......

The pan flute is direct from my Yamaha Keys....
sound pretty cool though...ya know?

Take it easy fellas,
Joe

Joe,
That Taylor sounds really nice. The Rode NT1 works really well on it. I've always liked the sound of my NT1 on acoustic guitar and vocals and as a drum overhead and for guitar cabs and anything else that needs a mic. Where did you position the mic to get that great sound?
Pete.

not sure what mix I'm hearing.. I listened to the soundclick version..

pan flute and acoustic is a great combo.. cool tune.. the guitar drifted a few times.. also some hiss.. I guess the tone could be crisper, but it was a very good listen!!

Hey Sam,
I appreciate your good ears man....
Thanks for listening...
I pulled the bass out...the same mix is at both sites...
I suck at bass.... :rolleyes:

I have always had a problem with timing....
is that what you meant by wanderin' guitars?

on the hiss....I could try to de-hiss in CEP....
usually it kills the mix though....

can ya tell me please which guitar could be crisper?
The leads?
The arpeggios?
The strummin' part?
all of them?

and how do I eq to get a crisper tone?

Thanks again man,
Joe

It'll vary with the guitar and mic but try bumping up the EQ a couple of db aroun 3k......maybe a little lower but somewhere in that vicinity....
or alternatively, you could pull the eq down a bit somewhere around 500 hz.

joro said:

on the hiss....I could try to de-hiss in CEP....
usually it kills the mix though....

and how do I eq to get a crisper tone?

Thanks again man,
Joe

Joe,
Very clean recording! Sweet guitar sound! That mic is placed quite well. The pan flute gets buried a couple of times. I'd bump it up a db in your C.E.P. It also could be fatter in the upper octave. CEP can fix that too-experiment w/ the eq presets for a mid boost on this track.

Doublecheck your notes @ 1:32 +/- , I hear a clam or two here in this section. Once you have the final mix, PM me and we'll open a can of beans @ Elliots or the Trailer. Maybe a tuesday night @ the WORTHEN ( jazz jam) over a couple of cold ones! ( one of Kerouac's favorite watering holes.)

In answer to the above, I don't think the light hiss reduction preset in Cool Pro affects the mix! ALTHOUGH I DON'T THINK YOU NEED IT ALL on this tune!

To obtain a crisper tone as questioned above, try the PUNCH & SPARKLE preset in CEP ( although I don't think it needs it........if it were any crisper it would crack, again, clean recording to my ears.

peace,
Ralph

( I still can't believe I can throw a rock to your house from St. Mike's Church, my mother grew up on Coburn, then W. Sixth!) I LOVE LOWELL!!This city couldn't offer a musician any more......Ya, give me a ring up. I'm in the book. Piano studio is 978-459-0799. (FUNARO MUSIC)

Joro,
I like sound of that Taylor and the music. Excellent playing as well. Sounds like a soundtrack for a movie.

bd

Nice composition, the tone suits the style very well!
I didnt get any hiss into my deaf ears from studiophile monitors.

Peace
Bill

bdbdbuck said:
Joro,
Sounds like a soundtrack for a movie.
bd

My wife & I said the SAME thing! You should tweak 12 or so of this type, burn it & market it to music houses for 'needle dropping'. ( WTF, make a little scratch while you're havin' fun!)

Ralph

Back