harley heaven

mixmkr

we don't need rest!!
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=4862652

Here's one that's basically finished...since I posted a "music bed" in the other thread.

This was kind of a tribute to a good friend of mine killed on his Harley. Hopefully the music tells the story. "police, harley, church bells, etc"

no vocals for this one though

Cool tune, dig the effects.
The riff sounds a lot like "Message in a bottle" when it starts.
very cool.
Nice axe work there.
the mix sounds clean and nice to me.

a very nice selection of sounds here, it comes together sounding great

Love the fading ending:)

this is a great tribute for your friend.

thanks for sharing:cool:

I rate this work effin' wonderful...pure ear-candy. Real imaginative...and recorded and mixed and mastered just the way I wish I could do it.

Standing O

[I keep seeing Harleys zoomin' by....]

Good mix - I like the way you've got everything sitting so I can make it out but it still blends together...I think the drums are better on this one - sit better/tone better. I think it's at a good point - where it's personal preference on little things...IMO it's done...

Always love your leads....

Some cool little bells and flutes in there.

On a writing note I think if you dropped the intro it would be less of a "Police " thing and more of a "your" thing. Leave the intro where it's layered with other stuff cause it's not so much like the Police" with the rest going on.
Or layer it right away. Thats my 2cents....

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

thx idol...

my intentions are to rip off Sting... :eek:

because the "meaning" is that the Police are called to the scene of the accident.

The song parts aren't necessarily laid out in a correct time frame (beginning to end) to tell the "story", but they're supposed to be parts about ..enjoying riding, the actual accident, police coming to the scene, church service, kind of a closure... etc, etc. Probably only makes sense to me though. I did give a copy to his widow and printed the CD as a Harley "spoked" scooter wheel. I kind of recorded it for myself, as he was a good friend, but then thought maybe it was an OK gesture to give her a copy too.

I don't know...I make human judgement mistakes all the time, but I didn't find it in the trash:)

Just beautiful!
Great guitar playing, everything sits well in the mix. A pleasurable listen, well done, a fitting tribute!

Joey :):):):)

Back