hardcore/metal/a bit melodic = latest project, remember now?

shackrock

so maybe you guys remember this post from about a week ago:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=128173

more things to remember about this band:
*these guys hate their vox, the words they are saying are just rediculous and actually hilarious if you could ever understand them. in these mixes, I tried to mix the vox up more than they wanted them to be anyway - because of comments here and my own judgement as well. the group vox sound TITE i think though.
*gear list: www.shackrockrecordings.com/recording.shtml
*He also brought with a drum mic kit of his which we used on the set (he insisted). it actually turned out well, even though it was an audix F set. F10's on toms, sm57 on snare, F14/15's (i forget which ones) for overheads. My AT PRO 25 on kick.

the tracks they did in these few days (4 of them) are much more catchy in terms of how metal/hardcore goes, and have somewhat of an underground feel. I like them a LOT better than the last tracks they did (which is on that post above). I can post more tracks (which are shorter, too) if people want me to.
So here is one of the tracks by them. 128kbps mp3 (anything bigger was larger than 7MB).....and if you guys want more tracks, the others are a lot shorter in length so i can make higher quality mp3s. tell me what you tihnk about this mix. I have not given them their final master cd yet - I wanted to get some comments on here first.

one thing more to note:
Sadly, there was some clipping on one guitar mic when we recorded. I wanted them to go back and do it over, but they kinda thought it was just like added distortion at times so they said just keep it. You may/may not notice it - it is very seldom and randomly, and it IS a bit disguised by the heavy distortion and loud guitars in the first place.

ok, what else can i do to this mix now!!!??!?! ha.

EDITS/UPDATES:
so the first mp3 up at http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=7131 is a 6.5 minute song at 128kbps (very wishy washy!). I also posted a 256kbps of a shorter song below it, some link.

Back