Hard Rock/Grunge song mix.

ksawaia

Hey guys,

I recorded a band over the weekend in the hard rock/grunge style. They wanted the song to feel raw and edgy. Let me know how the mix sits. The drums feel fairly weak and the guitar tone is ok but i think as a whole it works well together.

I agree with your opinion. The drums are weak and the the guitars aren't powerful enough. Do they have reverb on them or something. They sound far back in the mix and don't have much punch. The vocal on the other hand stands out a lot, but I think that has to do more with the drums and guitars being too weak. It's still pretty decent though. I think a quick couple of slides on the faders could make it close to perfect.

The drums aren't that bad to me. Where's the kick though? You can't have powerful drums without kick presence. The snare is a little weak too. It's level is fine, but the tone is thin. Get more body out of it. I think the guitars sound okay. Just make em louder. The lead sounds pretty good, but maybe a little too effect heavy. The bass is a little woofy in the lower mids and lacks a little attack. Vocals sounds good. Maybe bring them up a little.

perfect guys. the song writer had a problem with not being able to hear the bass on his laptop speakers so i tried to bring up the low mids a bit to make it more universal.. might have destroyed it a hair. haha.

ill work on the drums and gtrs a bit and post another version. thanks guys.

Back