Happy New Year..A New Song By The Infidels. Your comments please

moohead

GS, Ivan, Moohead and Foster are The Infidels. An imaginary band that has no present, past, or future. We'd love to hear your comments about this piece of New Years tripe. We still have to prod GS to supply the lead in this. Damn guitar players....

We are extremely interested in improving our mixes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year.

Moohead

Thanks Ben!

My goal was to write a "Ramones-like" song...3 chords and subversive!!! The mix is a really tricky thing using the chorusing and fuzz.

It makes for a great testing ground!

Moo

I know. The song isn't Beethoven's 5th. But we'd like to hear comments about the mix. We usually do not use fuzzy sounds in our recordings, so we are kinda playing around. We really need the help in mixing. Thanks.

Moo

Here's a remix of The Infidels:

I've cleaned up the vocals, used better reverb and chorus, and punched up the entire mix. Better or worse???

Moohead (the furry one)

Here's a remix of The Infidels:

I've cleaned up the vocals, used better reverb and chorus, and punched up the entire mix. Better or worse???

Moohead (the furry one)

That new mix is about 1000% better! WAY WAY WAY BETTER! The drum sound really bugs me overall. Too fake sounding.

Overall it sounds like the Lemonheads or something. A little dated sounding but still cool.

Thanks for the comments. It does need new drum sounds. We are without an actual drummer, so we are trying various software solutions. This one was Jamstix. The pattern isn't bad, but the sound is not the best.

This song is totally out of orbit for us. I wanted to write a Ramone's/80's pop rock song just to get all the seriousness out of my soul. It worked.

I'll see what I can do with the drums.

Moo

The vocals sound very mid 70's but the melody is pure 60's.
The distorted guitar doesn't sound too good.
I can hear the Ramones in the vocal delivery & melody.
There's not enough DRIVE to be a Roamones song.
The drums aren't too bad but they are mixed up front which makes the inherent probs stand out.
Work on this & make it good - the keys aren't necessary.

The guitars would need to be palm muted to do the full Ramones thing. That's where drive is lacking. The guitar sound was achieved through a Tone Port. I am not the guitar player, but I will pass your thoughts on to him. Once we get a better drum sound, I will try them a bit more in the mix.

Thanks for your comments. Not sure what mid '70's vocals are...You mean the way they're mixed...processed...or do I sound like I'm 75!!! Let me know.

Moo

Back