Hack is back

GT

Long time coming for this one.

First time use of EQ, I tried to use it for good, not evil. Please let me know if the mix sounds right.
www.idrive.com
gtmuse in visitor
Song title, "Haunt"

I think there might have been a problem with your upload, I can download in about a second, and the file is 0K.

Hey Emeric,

Idrive has been slugish for the last two days.

I went back and tried to download, and it worked.

Try it again latter, if you would.

Thanks

GT man that was cool....a little buzz at the beginning and the end and the vocal definately needs to come up a lot in my opinion...from what I could make out the lyrics are great....the tune itself and the instrumentation and playing are super good...I really dug it.....gibs

Sounds nice, except for the rowdy amp hum. Can you describe how you used the EQ? Separate EQ on each channel or EQ of the whole mix? Gibs is right about the vocals.

Thanks for listening!

Gibs,

I'm glad you liked the song, this is only the second song I have ever written. I'm not crazy about my voice, that's why the level is low. I had a hell of a time getting it to upload to Idrive, then
Emeric, and Teddie could not download it, so your reply was a port in the storm, you really lifted my spirits!!

I found out the hum, was a bad conection to my equalizer. I redid the MP3, and the new
hum free version is in www.idrive.com gtmuse song, "Haunt"

Doc,

On the EQ, I used it on the whole mix. It's ten bands. I used it to reduce colorations, possibly brought on by my AKG dynamic mikes, seems they give a slight cupped hands sound, that EQ at 1khz, about 3db down helps a lot. I have a feeling that 3db in any direction, is about all you should go, I'm sure you agree. I eq both channels the same. I bring down 30hz down 3db to tighten the bass a little. The only boost, is 3db at 16khz. These three small changes made a big difference. I be wanting Rodents soon.

Emeric, and Teddie,

Try the new upload, maybe it will work now.

Thanks all!!

Back