H9

Bulls Hit

So I picked up an Eventide H9 loaded with all the effects. I've finally found my desert island pedal.
The thing is so much fun to play with and being able to control it with the iphone is a Godsend.
Here's the first jam with it
H9Mix.mp3 - Google Drive

I made some tweaks to my 'mastering' chain too so I'm interested in how it translates on other systems. Let me know if anything sticks out or sounds weird...

Very dark sounding. Not much at all going on in the higher frequencies.

The delays on the guitars sound very cool. They get old though. Some changes to the sound are needed imo.

Fun to have a new toy isn't it?!

I agree with Retro that it's pretty dark overall and lacking highs.

I really like the held chords at 0:20, where you can hear one of them bending a little bit to get a really wide, thick sound.

The delays were very disconcerting for me, as their tempo wasn't related to the song at all, yet they were VERY loud.

Anyway, cool tones, just a bit on the dark side because of the lack of highs.

Brutal sounding low end brother. I think you are one of the best home recordings i have heard at capturing a really fat and deep, but tight, low end..
Very creative piece...I dig it

Last edited:
Very dark sounding. Not much at all going on in the higher frequencies.

The delays on the guitars sound very cool. They get old though. Some changes to the sound are needed imo.

Fun to have a new toy isn't it?!

I'm not much into the spacey stuff, but the grunge and crunch is really nice.

I agree with Retro that it's pretty dark overall and lacking highs.

I really like the held chords at 0:20, where you can hear one of them bending a little bit to get a really wide, thick sound.

The delays were very disconcerting for me, as their tempo wasn't related to the song at all, yet they were VERY loud.

Anyway, cool tones, just a bit on the dark side because of the lack of highs.

Brutal sounding low end brother. I think you are one of the best home recordings i have heard at capturing a really fat and deep, but tight, low end..
Very creative piece...I dig it

Hey many thanks all for the comments and insights.
I never considered it a dark sounding jam until you guys pointed it out. It's probably down to me using the lower register on the synth and running the bass thru the new pedal as well. Oh and the fact I threw a 4db low shelving boost when mastering might have had something to do with it. :D
I appreciate the feedback - helping to keep it real

Back