Gypsy #4 - New tune churned out from the relentless Jongleurs song factory... :-)

Armistice

Son of Yoda
... which at this rate will have enough for an album in about 5 years... :D

Gypsy #4

For those collecting our tunes.. one of mine this time. No real people were harmed during the writing or recording of this song.

Any and all feedback welcomed. No mad smileys please.... :mad:

This is a significant step forward in that there are only two acoustic guitars but THREE electric guitars. A death metal toon can be but a small step further away..:laughings:

Thanks all...

Last edited:
nice catchy, flowing stuff mate....Im on cans but the mix sounds very clear and stereo....good vocals too

the only things that was missing for me was massive arps, huge basses, and a TR 909 :D

thanks for sharing :)

Sounds great. Clever chord changes. I like this tune. Still waiting for some shread.

Thanks guys...

Glad you like it. If I "got signed", I might get delusions of grandeur and chuck in the corporate life for the life of poverty as a rock star.. at least that's the way it usually works here in Aus... one day, one day... :laughings:

Dropbox is giving me a 404. I think it might have to do with the "#" in the title?

Hmm...thanks VHS, I'll check it out. Was working...

Of course, of course... I was having a cleanup yesterday and I moved to a different folder... doh!

Back working now....

The drums are not doing it for me. At times it sounds like they are fighting with the song and though on time not on the right beat. I would have preferred something more simple in lieu of what you have (or none). On the positive side it's a well written and arranged tune, harmonies and chorus guitars really lift it up nicely. :D

The drums are not doing it for me. At times it sounds like they are fighting with the song and though on time not on the right beat. I would have preferred something more simple in lieu of what you have (or none). On the positive side it's a well written and arranged tune, harmonies and chorus guitars really lift it up nicely. :D

Yeah, it comes of my not being a drummer I expect... I'm rethinking bits of it.. I know where you're coming from. Snare sounds a bit toppy for me now too. I'll mull over it for a while...:D

The snare sounds right during the break down but not during the verse. If fact I would go with double time brushes on the snare during the verses.
And I m not sure being that I m on puter speakers right now but I think I m hearing a tambourine during the verses?
Either bring it up in the mix or add it what ever the case may be to with the title of the song.

Finally get to hear some keys on your stuff too!

As always great stuff here David. Too bad your in corporate or you too could be a famous staving artist!

I'll listen later on a good set up.

The snare sounds right during the break down but not during the verse. If fact I would go with double time brushes on the snare during the verses.
And I m not sure being that I m on puter speakers right now but I think I m hearing a tambourine during the verses?
Either bring it up in the mix or add it what ever the case may be to with the title of the song.

Finally get to hear some keys on your stuff too!

As always great stuff here David. Too bad your in corporate or you too could be a famous staving artist!

I'll listen later on a good set up.

I haven't found the brushes button my Addictive kit yet henry - I think that's extra, so it'll have to stay as hits, but I'll have a play around! There's something bugging me about it, just not sure what. Possibly the open hi-hats in the start start it our a little "big"... And no tambourine in there, alas... cheers:)

I haven't found the brushes button my Addictive kit yet henry - I think that's extra, so it'll have to stay as hits, but I'll have a play around! There's something bugging me about it, just not sure what. Possibly the open hi-hats in the start start it our a little "big"... And no tambourine in there, alas... cheers:)

You mean no tambourine setting in Addictive?

You mean no tambourine setting in Addictive?

Well yes, there is a tambourine in Addictive, but as I actually own a tambourine I'd actually use the real thing, if I wanted to. Plus, I like banging the thing on my hips like the chicks do...:laughings:

Thanks AkkaDeko.... cleanliness is next to Godfreyness...:)

Well yes, there is a tambourine in Addictive, but as I actually own a tambourine I'd actually use the real thing, if I wanted to. Plus, I like banging the thing on my hips like the chicks do...:laughings:

Must of been the chiming of the guitars that made my mind think that there was tambourine in the song.

Lovely stuff BUT mid mull the drums sound like they're in another room - well at least the snare does.
You fellows do very cool stuff.
Good blend of guitars.
The story is cool too - I can almost hear Mick (?) Thomas of WPE singing it.

Lovely stuff BUT mid mull the drums sound like they're in another room - well at least the snare does.
You fellows do very cool stuff.
Good blend of guitars.
The story is cool too - I can almost hear Mick (?) Thomas of WPE singing it.

Thanks Ray... yeah, when I get a bit of time, I'm going to revisit the drums - I don't like the snare sound much now and there's a bit much 'verb on it, giving it that "another room" feel, I think. :drunk:

Good old Mick - about time he had another reformation - saw Weddos at the Enmore a year or so back last time they got back together...a top gig, but just highlighted how much Mick needs a violin and accordion player for melody with his solo work, which is OK but never really reaches the heights of WPA in their full-blown ragged glory! :D

Yeah, this sounds really well constructed. I kind of expected that though.

I didn't mind the drum sound so much for this myself. The kit sounds kind of dead and a little small to me, but the pattern works, and I'm not sure I'd want bigger sounding drums on something like this?

You guys definitely have a sound of your own and your mixes seem really consistent to me. Well done.

I saw WPA as support to Billy Bragg at Syd Town Hall MANY years ago - truly brilliant gig by both. THey'd played the cannibalism song for the 1st time I think.

Back