A guitar rock song

Tom Paul

Here is a song that is inspired by the 70's Stones. It's about how isolated we are in society today...each in his own echo chamber of news while the world rages around us. I was listening to a youtube guitar lesson on open string leads and came up with the main riff. I built the song around it. All of the guitars and bass are Kemper profiles...the main guitar line is a strat through a Marshall profile from the Micheal Britt library. The keyboard is a Waves Wurly plug. I tracked all of that and the vox in my home. The drums were added afterwards by a friend in Nashville and dropboxed to us.

A friend mixed it.

So Isolated by Tom Paul | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Tom

The keys are usually pretty lost. I think the guitar, keys, and some percussion (cymbals and tambo and even the snare) are all hanging out in the same general EQ range, and something has to get buried.

Bass and vox are really the only instruments that don't sound like they're fighting for space with other instruments.

I thought this sounded pretty good. Performances were good.

The guitars had a bit of an amp sim feel. But still pretty good.

Vocal was OK. I think if it were doubled it would sound a bit better.

I liked the piano-y synth.

The drums were excellent. Maybe lower the OH's/hats a db or so and raise the snare a db or so? There were more cymbals in the mix than snare to my ear.

My only mix suggestion is to lower the tambourine or maybe drop it out completely in parts and bring it in for effect. Mix is nice and clean. Good tune

Nice job on this. Definitely has a Stones vibe. The vocals have a real Joe Walsh quality to them and sound good.

I agree that the guitars, while very well played, do very much have an amp sim sound to them.

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed it.

Back