Guess the band and tune !!! Win a attaboy !!

BushmasterM4

Ok I did a remake/cover of an old song. I gave it a metal feel. Anyone name the band and song? one hint (they were big in the 60's) Its called Mystery Song and its on my soundclick page. Link below :)

Another hint. One of the singers name is at the bottom of the ocean. And one member wore a ski hat all the time. Thats a give away.

*Stunned look on face* oh, okay.......

LOL - I grew up watching the Monkees on TV but don't recall that tune being played. If it made it on the charts I must have missed it. I only remember the Neil Diamond ones.....:D

Lol. I would have never in a million years guessed The Monkees. :D

Cool tune. The guitars sound great. Could use a little more bass. Drums sound pretty good. Snare could come up a bit. Cymbals are a little bright. Vocals are a little thin. Fun song though. :)

Thanks, I had alot of fun doing it. Yea the cymbals are very bright. I need to change the eq on the over-heads. I have a pre-set I use for all drum mics and I moved the overheads lower and adjusted the gain but it also changed the overall sound. I was getting tired and my neck was hurting alot so I didnt change anything. Just converted the mix and posted it. And the bass need to come way up. I need a good vocal mic. Im using a sm57. I need one of those mics like Elvis used. The big honkin ones. Im gonna tweak the mix as noted and add some more background tracks. When I get a chance. I half ass finish one and move on to the next.

Ok I raised the bass and got rid of a stray cymbal at the end that didnt go. And raised the guitars a little. Sounds better now. Im working on a sabbath and sweet tune now.

Sorry contest was over. Winner got a yugo. Hey Behringer makes some good stuff. I do mean some. Ive got a headphone distribution amp that was cheap and does great.

Back