Greg_L writes his own song!

Greg_L

Banned
So if it sucks, well, it's all my fault. :o

It's called "Boy's Night Out".
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5914003&q=hi (Direct link)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=592804&songID=5914003 (Song page)

It's my first finished attempt at writing something halfway decent in a long ass time, so go easy on me if it blows.

Any, and I do mean ANY, comments/critiques/feedback are welcome and very appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. - Play loud. :)

Here's the corny lyrics: :p

Friday night you get off from work
Your job sucks your boss is a jerk
You don't know what to do tonight
You'll probably end up in a fight, you know
Call up the boys, it's a boys night out!

You get dressed to go to the show
You see if your chick wants to go
She's gotta wash and curl her hair
You aint got the time to care, you know
Leave her at home, it's a boys night out!

GO!

(Scorching blistering shredding solo)

(cowbell breakdown)

You get to the bar and it's late
You see all the people you hate
Dude gets up, you beat him down
You're in no mood to f**k around, you know
The world is yours, it's a boys night out
Take what you want, it's a boys night out

LET'S GO!

I should win a f**king Nobel Prize for these socially responsible thought provoking and introspective lyrics. :D

Last edited:
The quality of the recording and playing sounds awesome. I can't really comment on the actual song though since I can't stand this type of music.

cool song Greg :) the recording sounds excellent :) definitely a fun tune :) now you can't say you don't write your own songs :)

...and this is just a hunch, but I think every night might be a boys night out for you, if you know what I mean.

cool song Greg :) the recording sounds excellent :) definitely a fun tune :) now you can't say you don't write your own songs :)
Thanks a lot. :)
Sounds like the bass part should have been recorded with a Warwick Corvette Standard 6 String Active Bass.
If only I had a link so I could buy one.
...and this is just a hunch, but I think every night might be a boys night out for you, if you know what I mean.
I don't know what you mean.

I'm not a fan of punk either. But I can say it sounds exactly like something you'd hear on the radio. Both production-wise and song-wise.

Song covers aren't all they're cracked up to be. :D Keep writing songs (as impossible as it can be sometimes).

(Also, might want to just link to the soundclick page that shows your songs, a lot of people seem to have problems when using a link from SoundClick's "linking tool").

I'm not a fan of punk either. But I can say it sounds exactly like something you'd hear on the radio. Both production-wise and song-wise.

Song covers aren't all they're cracked up to be. :D Keep writing songs (as impossible as it can be sometimes).

(Also, might want to just link to the soundclick page that shows your songs, a lot of people seem to have problems when using a link from SoundClick's "linking tool").

Okay thanks for the tip and the feedback. I appreciate it. :)

Actually, as corny as it may seem, I feel like a musical burden has been lifted off of me. I love doing covers, but it was nice to record a song and not have to think about if it sounds like the original version. ;)

I think he means that you gotta quit borrowing clothes from Gorty!

Gorty-edna.jpg

GREG,
Modern US Post Punk Punk! Welld done. It works, it's fun, it has gimmicky bits, just what a party crowd would want after 1 or 2 brews.
The direct link worked straight off for me.
This could also be revisted as a psychobilly track.
I'd like you to write a '76 style punk song next please followed by one called Hteb (a response to Beth) and then a power pop tune followed by some garage punk & then something New Romantic. After which...
Seriously though - you wrote a fun sone, played really well it & recorded in your usual pristine way.
Lift that weight.

The EZ Willis racing team has apparently found a sponsor!!:D

Nice tune Greg, I think that 3/4's of the Ramones are are looking down and smiling-and you can't beat that!!
Hell no. That's a great compliment. Thank you. :D

GREG,
Modern US Post Punk Punk! Welld done. It works, it's fun, it has gimmicky bits, just what a party crowd would want after 1 or 2 brews.
The direct link worked straight off for me.
This could also be revisted as a psychobilly track.
I'd like you to write a '76 style punk song next please followed by one called Hteb (a response to Beth) and then a power pop tune followed by some garage punk & then something New Romantic. After which...
Seriously though - you wrote a fun sone, played really well it & recorded in your usual pristine way.
Lift that weight.
Thanks a lot man. Funny you mention "psychobilly". That's kind of what I was going for with the solo style. I used to play in a psychobilly band back in the early 90's. Thanks again! :D

Cool tune Greg........I liked it!!!:D
Thanks a lot bro. :)

Back