GOTTA CHECK THIS!! "More Than Skin" ,Another Original tune

Texsunburst59

I'm pretty proud of this original tune the my son collaborated on with his friend. His friend came over this morning about 10 a.m. with a song that he had the chords and the melody for. He wanted my son to bring it to life for him. His friend did the vocals and my son wrote the music for it, and helped him with the vocal harmonies. It kinda has a hint of EJ. There's a 1 minute gap where they left for a lead that they're still working on. This is not the final mix,but still a work in progress. I just wanted you guys to hear this.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633883&songID=7211430

Last edited:
Hey, really nice song. I sittin back and enjoyin'.

Two things that stand out to me right away....

Vocals have some prominent sibilance, and I'm no expert, but I think lead vocals are over compressed.

The two guitars sound too similar and I think you can go for a different tone for the one on the right channel. Give it some identity. Purely subjective, though.

I love the guitar break at 3:20.

Peace,

btw: Texas Music Rocks!!!!

Hey, really nice song. I sittin back and enjoyin'.

Two things that stand out to me right away....

Vocals have some prominent sibilance, and I'm no expert, but I think lead vocals are over compressed.

The two guitars sound too similar and I think you can go for a different tone for the one on the right channel. Give it some identity. Purely subjective, though.

I love the guitar break at 3:20.

Peace,

btw: Texas Music Rocks!!!!

Thanks for the insight. I'll pass the suggestions on to my son.:)

Super song. Very neat song. The guitar lines are very cool. The melody is really cool. The guitars are warm/rich. The hats sound a little too thin. The guitar could use lowering by a good 5dbs. It will really drive the melody and still give the vox some room to breathe. As is, it seems to crowd the vox. The guitar lines are distinct and cool, so lower volume will not make them insignificant. They're played nicely and stand out. Just my opinions. :)

Super song. Very neat song. The guitar lines are very cool. The melody is really cool. The guitars are warm/rich. The hats sound a little too thin. The guitar could use lowering by a good 5dbs. It will really drive the melody and still give the vox some room to breathe. As is, it seems to crowd the vox. The guitar lines are distinct and cool, so lower volume will not make them insignificant. They're played nicely and stand out. Just my opinions. :)

Thanks BB. I think you're right about the rhythm guitar. It is a little hot and might crowd the vox a little. He was worried the if it was too low it might not drive the song enough. I'm going to tell him to do a remix and we'll see how it comes out. Thank for the constructive comments guys.:)

Hi - I really liked this song! Great lyrics and I liked the melody. The song flowed really well to my ears and had a mellow, easy feeling about it. Tell them thumbs up from me!

Jen

That's a nice sounding rhythm guitar! But it is too loud I think definately. It's a great song, and nice vocal. I think that guitar could come down during parts where the vocals happening, like a ducker would be perfect (sidechain compressor). Great stuff!

Hi - I really liked this song! Great lyrics and I liked the melody. The song flowed really well to my ears and had a mellow, easy feeling about it. Tell them thumbs up from me!

Jen

Thanks for the kind words Jen. I'll pass on the positive vibe to him. :)

That's a nice sounding rhythm guitar! But it is too loud I think definately. It's a great song, and nice vocal. I think that guitar could come down during parts where the vocals happening, like a ducker would be perfect (sidechain compressor). Great stuff!

Thanks SG. Yea, I hear you on the guitar being too loud and needing to come down a bit to showcase the vocals. :)

Back